Window wont go up or down

Hi people.

Im quite sure this has been covered before so I'm sorry if it has but I cant find an exact post.

Anyway! Iv gone to wind my rear drivers electric windows down today from the front "this also goes for trying from the back" on my octavia vrs mk1 and all I get is a slight click sound and the window does not move.

Iv previously had to replace my front before as the cable went and I could hear the motor turning which said it was not the motor.

But the strange thing is with my rear window is that it is firmly in the up position and it wont go down. you cant even push it down with your hands either side of the window.

All others window work fine,

the only noise I get is a slight click.

Can anyone please shine a light on this problem.

Much appreciated

Drew

Edited by drew_smith

18 minutes ago, petrolbloke said:

Probably the regulator. If the cable has jammed the motor then that would explain the click.

I will check it out. the window has not been opened for a while so think I will take it apart as it could always be jammed

Sounds like the window regulator to me too. Had it happen to one of my rear windows earlier this year. It's typical that I hardly ever put the rears down but it was hot so I thought all four down would let the heat escape. Then when I came to put the window up...nothing! :sadsmile: 

9 hours ago, Passeyfier said:

Sounds like the window regulator to me too. Had it happen to one of my rear windows earlier this year. It's typical that I hardly ever put the rears down but it was hot so I thought all four down would let the heat escape. Then when I came to put the window up...nothing! :sadsmile: 

cheers dude will check it out

• 7 months later...