Citigo PID free map updates

millerhouse

We've just added a 2016 Citigo Colour edition to our family fleet which came with the PID satnav attachment. However the maps have never been updated and are very old - older than the car by the looks of things. I've downloaded Fresh & managed to get the unit working after a struggle but Garmin want £55 to update the maps. However this is a full Europe download which we'll never need - there's no option just to get the UK bit. The satnav won't be used very often, so I'm a bit reluctant to commit to such a large expenditure.  After a search on here it would seem that there's a way to update the map for free using some form of Open maps but there's no detail on how it's done. I've tried using Google but have not been able to understand what is required despite being reasonably comfortable with IT matters. Can any body confirm that this can be done and if so, provide some info on what to do?

John M

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, gwentvillan said:

can someone point me in the direction of the link please ?

I had to create an account on the gpspower website (Google will find it)  then search for Navigon maps. Worked OK for me

John M

On 01/01/2019 at 00:13, lynxblaine said:

Garmin system uses the Navigon maps and software. 

Garmin get,or did, their map data from Navteq so expect  Navigon do as well.

They seem slow updating road speeds as one close to me had a 40mph limit imposed several years ago and still shows as 60.

Edit : interesting read?

https://www.navigon.com/en

Edited by Citigo
extra info