price rise to have car registered in Jan 2019???

Dafyddapw

Hi i'm waiting delivery of my Karoq.My dealer tells me its being transported. i asked if i could have it registered in Jan as opposed to Dec if it arrives by then. I was told that this might incur a price rise as 'prices have changed for 2019 cars' this doesn't sound quite right to me. 

Any ideas? and is there any benefit to me in having the car registered in Jan 2019 against Dec 2018?

cheers

David

Welcome.

Ask in writing from someone at the dealership if it will incur you more expense as 'might' means it might not.

How long have you waited for your new car and might they be due you a gesture of keeping the car and first registering it in 2019 with the tax not starting in 2018 

and around Christmas.

If the car is delayed they likely care not one jot what additional cost customers incur.

If the dealership have got there act together in there terms and conditions it will say about you collecting the car within a certain time frame of it being delivered to them, in any case if it was me I would want the car before the xmas holidays and makes not a jot of difference if its registered 2018 or 2019 its a 68 plate, end of

I suspect you will find many service Depts close from Friday 21 Dec to Wed 2 Jan  (3 Jan in Scotland).  If service Dept is closed, no one is going to PDI it which may determine when you can have it anyway.  

A car currently on dockside can take week or two to get to dealers.