Help regarding big brake conversion

Jackturno1

Hello, I’m a new memeber of the forum, I’d like some advice and help on what i need for a big brake upgrade on the fronts I’ve heard a lot about the 312mm Audi TT brakes, can anyone link me to a cheap full kit that comes with everything for me to just bolt straight on? Please, thank you,

if this is in the wrong section please move or tell me.

skoda fabia vrs mk1 04 plate 

32 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

You need calipers and carriers from a FWD TT or similar, then you can just buy brand new 312 discs and pads to suit.

It's not complicated but you'll have to do your own shopping around.

Thank you for your response, can I get these from any FWD TT?? Sorry for the noobie respons I just want to be sure to get the right ones.

also do you know wether the lines connect straight from the Skoda to these 

Edited by Jackturno1

Get Octavia VRS flexi hoses as they are a bit longer where as the fabia hoses are at full stretch with 312mm calipers.

I might be breaking my VRS which has the conversion on it come the new year. Fully rebuilt and ceramic bake on paint Octavia VRS calipers, brembo 312mm discs and pads (cost me over £300 for the lot and have done about 200 miles). I fitted it all up, then a rear caliper handbrake seal failed and after fitting a new caliper the master cylinder failed. 

Car has been sat in the garage for about 6 months as I CBA with it.

Edited by retro

On 19/12/2018 at 17:31, retro said:

Get Octavia VRS flexi hoses as they are a bit longer where as the fabia hoses are at full stretch with 312mm calipers.

I might be breaking my VRS which has the conversion on it come the new year. Fully rebuilt and ceramic bake on paint Octavia VRS calipers, brembo 312mm discs and pads (cost me over £300 for the lot and have done about 200 miles). I fitted it all up, then a rear caliper handbrake seal failed and after fitting a new caliper the master cylinder failed. 

Car has been sat in the garage for about 6 months as I CBA with it.

Thanks  for your help bud, bloody hell!, that’s unlucky, how much would you be looking for the lot?? 

4 hours ago, Jackturno1 said:

Thanks  for your help bud, bloody hell!, that’s unlucky, how much would you be looking for the lot?? 

I would want £310 for it and I will still be losing money on it!

I have got another master cylinder now so I may fit it and see if I can sort out the ruddy thing and then sell the car first.

22 hours ago, Jackturno1 said:

I think what I am going to do is buy the callipers and carriers form a TT for 100 then get some disc and pads at half price on euro car parts. You should get it sorted and back on the road! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312mm-calipers-Audi-S3-Skoda-Fabia-Vrs-Skoda-Octavia-Vrs-Seat-Ibiza-Mk4-Golf/153307614136?hash=item23b1d88bb8:g:RDEAAOSwS4VcF-vs