Temperature flap motor

Hi all

i posted last week with a problem with my ac been stuck on hot I have narrowed it down to been the actuator motor I have purchased and removed the old one now for the life of me I can’t get the new one back in getting the cogs to line up is a nightmare. Can anyone take a photo of there’s please so I have more of a idea how it goes together yes I should of taken a picture myself but didn’t. It’s the drivers side so the space to work in is very tight also! 

• 3 months later...

Hi 

I did get it sorted in the end did it myself was an absolute pain in the bum. But the part I took the old one out searched for the part number on it and bought one off eBay £12  the dealer wanted £100. As for the part number I don’t have sorry. Good luck as I said it’s a major pain to do.

Thanks Hezzy,  whats the best way to gain access? glove box and side panel removal? will post up a how too when i do it for others on here. is this the part?

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/SKODA-OCTAVIA-MK3-SCOUT-2017-ESTATE-HEATER-FLAP-MOTOR-ACTUATOR-P-M-5Q0907511K/153414211981?hash=item23b833198d:g:6T8AAOSwU4FciN4S

Also whats the best way to line it up?

2 hours ago, Hezzy1990 said:

Mine was drivers side so for me front seat out and laid down and reached around the pedals 

Mines RHD, looking at the schematic its the glovebox side, will prob have to take the seat out to get to it comfortably, put up a 'how to' for future use.

if you look on hear i created a thread about clicking sound and a vid, is this the same as what you had?

• 4 weeks later...

Forgot to let ye know I sorted the clicking sound, was indeed a flap controller, the housing had opened up somehow causing the cog to move out of position, it's a tedious job but all I had to do was remove the glove box and surround, take away the small heat shield its midway at the very back behind the centre part of the console  and as marked in the picture ,I was trying to replace with a motor I got off of Ebay but the original had 13 teeth and the new one had 15, so super glued the original and taped it up to be sure connected to the power and set the temp to 23(about mid way) so the cog could be centred with the flap, have had no problems since so all good.

You can see where the housing split (red arrow)

Inked20190420_131409.thumb.jpg.eb4f44998c3385e704c22319237afde8_LI.jpg

lay on your back have your head where the bottom arrow is, have someone changing the temp so you can see the cog moving,its situtaed behind the right side of the pollen filter housing.

Inked20190420_131345.thumb.jpg.ecd9c209cd84203ddc394d4d2bb1117b_LI.jpg

Edited by seanbrady49
  • Thanks 2