Drive Lamps.

Hello All,

Has anyone fitted Drive/Auxiliary lamps to a VRs Octavia 06 TFSI? I have worked out a way to physically fit some lights but, I am concerned as to whether the CANBUS would be affected in any way as I keep reading stories about how it can be affected by other electrical alterations/additions. Thanks for reading this post and any advice offered.

John

4 hours ago, langers2k said:

I'd probably use something like a canm8 highbeam, the 1Z Octavia isn't listed but a 2006 model should be very similar to a MK5 Golf so you might need to contact them first.

Hello Langers2k,

I presume that you are talking about replacing the Main beam bulbs, I have currently changed to Phillips Racing Vision, Main and Dip. The Dip is ok but the Main beam is not brilliant thus the reason for my question about extra lamps.

The unit I mentioned doesn't replace any existing lights. It connects to the CAN-bus and gives you an extra output which can be used to switch additional main/high beams without needing to splice into any light wiring. It'll prevent any issues with bulb monitoring or potential damage to the lighting control modules.

I could be wrong, but from your first post it sounds like you wanted to add extra high/main beams but were worried about splicing into the existing high/main beam power supply?

Hello Langers2k,

Thanks for your helpful comments. I understand better now what you are talking about. I have printed some wiring diagrams for the CANM8 For the Skoda Octavia 05 >. It shows 2 options CANM8-NAV and CANM8-WIRING.  Yes I do want to add some additional lighting. Assuming that I fit one of these units which seems to make sense now. I would like to fit a relay to turn on the lights ONLY on Main beam, how do I give a feed to the relay to operate it when the Main beam is turned on? If you don't mind me asking for information that is.

Thanks again John.