New Octavia owner (1.0 SE TSI) - Cruise control + SmartLink questions

Hi,

I finally picked up an Octavia of the engine size / spec I was after (2nd hand).  Grabbed a 2016 1.0 SE which I am very happy with so far, especially getting 50 MPG driving it back home without particularly trying.

I have two questions.  I've found some older answers on here but would appreciate some up to date answers, just in case something has changed (especially re: pricing).

1. CRUISE CONTROL: I understand I can get cruise control added by 'just' having the CC stalk added.  I currently don't have this, and the non-multifunction steering wheel.  Is this correct, and what price should I expect?

2. SMARTLINK: It's not activated at the moment.  What is the ballpark activation fee if I take it into a Skoda dealer?  On that, I mostly use Waze on my iPhone so would appreciate any feedback on how well that works.

Thanks!

They didn’t do a 1.0 in 2016 and your questions relates to PFL issues with SmartLink so I guess this is a 1.2.

Cruise Control will need more than a stalk, it’ll also need a wire to the BCM. MFSW will need switches, loom and possibly a new CAN Gateway to run it.

SmartLink is £122 for the part and 15-20 mins fitting to make no more than £137 so if the quote is more than that, make them match it.

3 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

They didn’t do a 1.0 in 2016 and your questions relates to PFL issues with SmartLink so I guess this is a 1.2.

It's definitely a 1.0.  Also: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/octavia/95904/new-skoda-octavia-10-tsi-2016-review

Unless I'm missing something really obvious (?)

Didn’t think they hit the road until MY17, possibly some of the early ones hit the road on a 16 plate. I forget Skoda model years start in the May before the year begins! Either way the rest of what I wrote still stands, cruise will require an extra wire to the BCM, MFSW will need switches, wiring loom and maybe a Gateway to run it and SmartLink should still be £137 (no more than that) :)

• Like 1

Just now, SashaGrace said:

Didn’t think they hit the road until MY17, possibly some of the early ones hit the road on a 16 plate. I forget Skoda model years start in the May before the year begins! Either way the rest of what I wrote still stands, cruise will require an extra wire to the BCM, MFSW will need switches, wiring loom and maybe a Gateway to run it and SmartLink should still be £137 (no more than that) :)

Great, thank you  :-)  SmartLink is the main thing for me at the moment, so good to have a guideline in case a dealer tries it on (!)

• Like 1