Water pump

Wondering if anyone could help me got a water pump fitted underwarrenty 18 months ago the water pump has failed again would skoda be liable to fixing this my car is out of warranty I thought a water pump would last a lot longer that that. 

It would be down to good will (so try nicely, not aggressive negotiations), they warranty the car for 3 years, if they're replacing anything under warranty it's still only warrantied until the car warranty runs out. 

Think of it as "we'll keep your car in working order for 3 years", it's not "we'll keep your car in working order for 3 years plus longer for anything we replace in that time". 

Loophole if you contribute to the costs at the time though, as then it counts as a purchase and not just a warranty replacement. 

Petrol or Diesel ?

If diesel you should check that they fitted the correct part 18months ago (not just a replacement for the original one).

There was a part with a new design (metal sleeve replacing plastic if i understood right).

Make sure your independant orders the latest part not hte old one or its likely to happen again..

Did you ring Skoda UK and ask them because they seem fairly open to 50% contribution for water pump replacement even well out of warrenty.

(although 50% plus timing belt at Skoda would be about teh same as you have been quoted anyway).

19 hours ago, j1mg said:

I was told that unless you have 100% up to date and 100% Skoda service record, then you won't get anything from them.

Got stung for £480.

Yes, this is maybe true