Leather seats in summer

Simi

Hi there,

I’m new to this site and am a soon to be 2018 Karoq owner with the Launch Pack and the anticipation is getting to me. Anyway, I have a couple of questions to ask please. 

1. Is there a CD slot in the glovebox compartment? I’ve looked at so many cars, I just can’t remember if mine will have it or not. It makes no

difference to me really, I’m just curious. 

2. My vehicle will have leather seats and I’ve never had them before, so again, I’m just curious what people use to stop burning themselves in

extreme Queensland temperatures other than seat covers? Don’t really want to use a beach towel either. If you have found a good solution

for something that works and stays in place, would you please let me know where you made your purchase from? 

TIA

Simi

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 03:58, Simi said:

Hi there,

I’m new to this site and am a soon to be 2018 Karoq owner with the Launch Pack and the anticipation is getting to me. Anyway, I have a couple of questions to ask please. 

1. Is there a CD slot in the glovebox compartment? I’ve looked at so many cars, I just can’t remember if mine will have it or not. It makes no

difference to me really, I’m just curious. 

2. My vehicle will have leather seats and I’ve never had them before, so again, I’m just curious what people use to stop burning themselves in

extreme Queensland temperatures other than seat covers? Don’t really want to use a beach towel either. If you have found a good solution

for something that works and stays in place, would you please let me know where you made your purchase from? 

TIA

Simi

1. probably not-more likely there will be a SD card slot

2. In the hot areas of Europe many drivers have collapsible foil covered shades that fit inside and cover the whole of the windscreen

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the joys of driving a non-airconditioned Holden Apollo with vinyl seats during a Brisbane summer (fortunately one of the milder ones - it didn't get much above 35c). Absolutely everything that you needed to touch seemed hotter than the surface of the sun!