Rear traffic alert

jonro2009

Hi

my dad is looking to place an order for a Karoq tomorrow, 1.5 TSI DSG SE L in Petrol Blue. It’s a cancelled order and will be in the country in a few weeks. 

One of the options the original customer added was the Driver Assistance pack, the brochure is a little ambiguous when it comes to the rear traffic alert though. The dealer is going to confirm wether or not this includes the RTA, he knows that without it my dad won’t get the car. Dealers can be a little ‘creative’ sometimes and then when the car arrives they can say ‘oops, it doesn’t have it’. A lot of people have said “I think it is bundled in with Blind Spot Warning” but that is just what they ‘think’.

So does anyone have a definitive answer, did you add the assistance pack and did it include RTA? 

Thanks for looking.

Edited by jonro2009
Spelling

ŠKODA KAROQ Driver assistance systems: Pioneering in-car driver assistance systems from higher vehicle segments

› Radar-based Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
› Front Assist including City Emergency Brake with Predictive Pedestrian Protection
› Blind Spot Detect and Rear Traffic Alert
› Lane Assist keeps the car in the lane
› Traffic Jam Assist makes it easier to drive the car in traffic jams
› Driver Alert warns the driver when it detects signs of fatigue
› Camera-based Traffic Sign Recognition

In every configuration that I've seen, Blind spot detect and Rear traffic alert are two features of the same package.

If either one is confirmed, he's bound to receive the other one as well.

Edited by agedbriar

On 29/12/2018 at 23:54, jonro2009 said:

Hi

my dad is looking to place an order for a Karoq tomorrow, 1.5 TSI DSG SE L in Petrol Blue. It’s a cancelled order and will be in the country in a few weeks.....

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

I'd be making sure he takes it for a long test drive before signing the paperwork, and that the engine is cold...

Should be ok - its a DSG

I’ve read up on the ‘issues’ with the DSG box being a little ‘laggy’ in town driving, similar to most DSG boxes really. Once you get used to the way the car behaves I doubt it will be an issue for him. 

Previous to this they had a 2.0tdi DSG Tiguan and they currently have a 6mnth old VW Polo SE L 1.0 DSG so they are no stranger to the VAG auto boxes. 

Thank you for the heads up though, much appreciated.

i wonder if there is anyone local to Preston/Garstang that has VCDS or OBD11?

3 hours ago, OldKaroq said:

Should be ok - its a DSG

DSG is reported to be adversely affected too.

Detailed in the thread I linked above.

Edited by silver1011

8 hours ago, Fin69 said:

Not according to this review of a 1.5DSG Audi Q3;  (go to 15:00)

I can't speak for the Q3, but having driven the Karoq 1.5TSI DSG for 9 months, I can't think of one instance of this ever happening to my car!

As has been discussed, not every single 1.5 TSI is affected, or the fault isn't being noticed. Whilst it appears to be more prevelent on the manual this applies to the DSG too.

Just because it isn't happening on your car, or that you're not noticing it doesn't mean it isn't an issue for others.

There are 1.5 TSI Karoq owners, manual and DSG, in talks with their dealers over this issue.

The advice to the OP was to drive the car and to be sure it isn't one of those adversely affected. Wise advice in my opinion.