Rear Air Vent Collapsed

Afternoon all 

After a rather packed trip to the local tip something must have had a meeting with the rear drivers side air vent.

The plastic part you use for directing the air has come off and all the internal 'fins' have fallen inside.

From inspections nothing appears to have snapped off 

My initial thought is that I could use a trim removal tool to take the air vent out and reassemble (or attempt)

Are there any hidden gremlins I should be aware of like springs and stuff  before I take it apart ?

I take it I'll have to remove the piano black surround ..if someone can advise where the clips are that would be great as I know you have to remove the ashtray  it to get it out 

Found some second hand for not a lot of money but wanted to attempt a DIY fix before heading to Motorhog

Many Thanks 

171101.jpg

Exactly like this from a previous post

Edited by Zenbasses

20 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

another useful phenomenon from VAG 
even Ebay offers broken one :)
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Skoda-Superb-3v-Fresh-Air-Vent-Grille-Nozzle-3V0819203A/153208865747

i'm waiting when will Ali offer this one for ~25 euros, as similar parts from other cars

I spotted that one when I was browsing and my eyes really did roll with dispear....

Initially I thought the little plastic control bit had snapped or come off (easy bodge fix) bit no......

Luckily they don't rattle heheh

• 1 year later...