Wheel touch up paint.

Just now, Skinneroo said:

I have a few chips on my 16 Monte Carlo wheels (standard black 16").

Does any one know the specific paint code?

Thanks

Go to your local model/hobby store and buy a small tin of Humbrol Gloss Black paint, and a ditto tin of grey primer, plus a small brush. Go home and do a small test paint on a piece pf scrap metal, plastic, whatever. If it looks OK, go for it. Prep the surface first though. Normal paintbrush cleaner will sort out the brush. Just play, it's dirt cheap and a small, very small, will do many chips.  But not the potato variety. Always used to use Humbrol Silver paint on chipped alloys. Amazingly good match.

Cheers Alltorque,

Can you flatten and polish the enamel paint, the chips are quite deep (Changing the wheels I had to knock them  off as they were seized to the hubs, thinks to myself, I better put some old carpet on the floor just in case the wheel suddenly comes away. Did I do it? Did I heck. Hence the chips. Ouch, lesson learnt).

Just now, Skinneroo said:

Cheers Alltorque,

Can you flatten and polish the enamel paint, the chips are quite deep (Changing the wheels I had to knock them  off as they were seized to the hubs, thinks to myself, I better put some old carpet on the floor just in case the wheel suddenly comes away. Did I do it? Did I heck. Hence the chips. Ouch, lesson learnt).

Never actually tried that, but it would be worth trying on a test piece. Paint will need to be applied in thin coats , not just a lump. You might need to,apply a clear gloss coat. 

13 hours ago, Skinneroo said:

Cheers Alltorque,

Advice/Tip for the next time, always leave a couple of bolts in, but slackened off enough, before trying to wrestle sticky/stuck wheels off, so there is no chance of them ending up falling face down on the ground/floor.  Maybe also, after taking them all off, clean up the hubs and wheels and apply a spot of something useful to the centre bore area to stop them sticking again.

• Thanks 1