Skoda fabia 1.2

Hi, First thing to check, if you have not already ruled it out, is the wiring inside the door bellows. They tend to snap easily as they are quite thin and take a lot of punishment from opening and closing the doors, which fractures and eventually snaps them.

This can also cause mirror and locking faults as they have wires running through there, too.

A good, close up inspection may be needed as there are quite a few wires in each door.

Yes a common problem, I initially tried to join the broken wire with cable electric connectors but they soon broke apart.

So get some extra wire and solder the broken wire with an extra length. Sorted my issues immediately and all the breaks were from the drivers side. Hope this helps.

Our 2008 Fabia had one broken wire in LHS door bellow, and three or four on driver side shortly after purchase last year, creating faults with mirror control and windows. Repaired with the very smallest ‘choc block’ type connector. The wires are pretty thin and brittle for that application. If more wires fracture I may just replace the entire door loom if I can get hold of a new one (used may be at stage of failures anyway). There’s not much slack to work with depending on where the fracture happens. 

Edited by Stratfordade

I think the looms are a pricey sum, for a few wires! Around £70-80 I believe! Plus a door strip down to replace.

Well worth a try to fix, first!

Edited by mrgf

Depending on model, looms are about £98 with VAT, thats what my drivers door one cost when I did electric rear window retrofit, and yes the wires are very thin !! to everything except door window motors.

I have a perfectly usable drivers door loom for vehicles with electric heated mirrors and front electric windows out of my vRS which will go on Ebay soon.

Was that loom alone or with fitting? There’s some time involved in taking off door card, and disconnecting the faulty loom. If that’s the price of part alone, I’d better keep eyes peeled for any bargain prices for new looms to keep as spare. 

17 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Loom went on drivers side and local Skoda dealer quoted me £299.  :o

If that did not include labour, then he priced the wrong part 100%

The "most" expensive drivers loom is one with front and rear electric windows and I just paid £98 for that.

23 minutes ago, Stratfordade said:

Was that loom alone or with fitting? There’s some time involved in taking off door card, and disconnecting the faulty loom. If that’s the price of part alone, I’d better keep eyes peeled for any bargain prices for new looms to keep as spare. 

Was fitting also

18 minutes ago, UrbanPanzer said:

If that did not include labour, then he priced the wrong part 100%

The "most" expensive drivers loom is one with front and rear electric windows and I just paid £98 for that.

Was the loom plus fitting.  Don’t fancy spending £300 and just considering my options. Downside is i’m Crap on cars so fitting myself isn’t really an option