Octavia vrs estate lowering springs

Hi guys, 

I know this topic has been covered alot of times before but in struggling to find a definitive answer. 

I'm thinking about lowering my octavia vrs 2.0 tdi with 18" alloys on either the eibach pro kit or sportline kit with original shocks. 

Does anyone have any experience of doing this. And if so how much has each kit lowered the car? 

I'm reading quite alot of conflicting info on this. 

Cheers 

8 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

Lowered on 18s and 19s same H&R spacers and H&R springs. no issues at all after 9+ months, no rubbing on the 19s or crashing in pot holes etc.  

spolier12.jpg.3ba94404b637342cd2aeccbec042957c.jpgon18s.jpg.86d6512c0df6b92b612b3fdda7aaa0aa.jpg

How much did you lower this? 

2 hours ago, Lukeprkn said:

How much did you lower this? 

standard 40mm all round, the (vrs springs are already 15mm lower, so an extra 25mm but closer to 35 in real measurements)

Skirts do make it look lower

Edited by JohnnyType2

Have to comply with everyone else, H&R def. the way to go!

No experience of eibachs, but the h&r ride amazing and are not too harsh nor too soft, just right.

If you're concerned about the ride hight I can tell you that I had zero issues even In winter and here in Finland we get quite a bit of snow. Some occasional front mud flap scrape but that's about It.

IMG_6986.JPG

On 14/01/2019 at 23:31, JohnnyType2 said:

Lowered on 18s and 19s same H&R spacers and H&R springs. no issues at all after 9+ months, no rubbing on the 19s or crashing in pot holes etc.  

spolier12.jpg.3ba94404b637342cd2aeccbec042957c.jpgon18s.jpg.86d6512c0df6b92b612b3fdda7aaa0aa.jpg

Hi what size spacers are you using? And how easy was the side skirts to fit? Sweet car btw!

spacers are 15/20 front/rear, skirts took 10 mins per side on ramps, on the ground it would be much harder, i would buy rieger side skits next time though. these are too brittle. thanks for the compliment. looks alot different than the poverty spec i bought it as.

Edited by JohnnyType2