19" repalcements for 230 vRS Octi...

richie

Evening all!!

Starting to look at replacing the Pirelli P Zero's on the beast... What do folks recommend, think, use, etc.. I'm tempted by Dunlop Sport Max RT2's as both the family Fabia's have Dunlop's and they never seem to ware!! The wife had 2 vRS mk2 Fabia's and I never replaced the tyres and her current Monte Carlo has the same Dunlop's and so does my son's Redline Fabia.....

My other choices are Goodyear Eagle F1's or Continental Sport Contact 6's. Thoughts, opinions or suggestions etc all gratefully received!!

It would be helpful if you could state your tyre size, because some might not be in the size you want

If it is 225 / 35 R19 then Michelin Pilot supersport are good, and should be added to what you have already listed

If you look at any reviews, assume they were tested at 20-25c,  none of these are great in January in UK when temp is nearer 5c.  

If you want to drive spiritedly when it is frosty with maybe an icy puddle then really you need winter tyres

I've gone to slightly wider tyres I've replaced the 225/35/19 P Zero's to 235/35/19 Goodyear F1 Asy 3's on my 230.  The rim protection is now 200% better than it was with the 225's

Very pleased with the Goodyears.  :nod:    Falken FK510's also get good reviews.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Consensus is that Mich PS4S are best (for 235/3519 on a Leon Cupra anyway), and there's an interesting video of all the Mich high performance tyres (incl trackday road legal) in cold weather on the Tyrereviews youtube channel (on a BMW iirc).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 17/01/2019 at 13:17, Jeeves said:

Consensus is that Mich PS4S are best (for 235/3519 on a Leon Cupra anyway), and there's an interesting video of all the Mich high performance tyres (incl trackday road legal) in cold weather on the Tyrereviews youtube channel (on a BMW iirc).

+1

Love my 235's Michelin PS4S 

Cheaper in 235 than 225 As well

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/01/2019 at 11:40, Auric Goldfinger said:

I've gone to slightly wider tyres I've replaced the 225/35/19 P Zero's to 235/35/19 Goodyear F1 Asy 3's on my 230.  The rim protection is now 200% better than it was with the 225's

Very pleased with the Goodyears.  :nod:    Falken FK510's also get good reviews.

Seconded.  I've put exact same Goodyears on my 230 as well and there does seem to be a noticeable improvement.  As Mr Auric points out, rim protection also seems to be significantly better than the Pirellis which quite frankly has been pants.

On 17/01/2019 at 13:17, Jeeves said:

I did this from day 1 of ownership on my 230. I used Michelin PSS all round and they were epic. Sadly forced to buy 2 Conti 6's for the front thanks to a pothole but am now running PS4S's and they are awesome.

Still got the PSS's on the rear going good at 25k miles.