New Pressure washer - tips please

Mr Statto

Now that we have a driveway I have finally invested in a pressure washer (a Nilfisk C110). I've only ever used one for cleaning the patio, so could do with some pointers on car washing technique - up till now I've gone with a hose rinse, two bucket wash with a lambswool mitt & Gtechniq G-Wash shampoo & another hose rinse.

Should I still do a rinse first to remove loose dirt? I assume I should then use the bottle that came with the washer to apply the foam, but what sort of concentration do I need, and do I add water into the bottle first? I'm guessing I then use the mitt & two buckets before rinsing & drying?

Still use your hose for an initial rinse. 

I would dispense with the supplied foam bottle and get a proper one. I find there is a significant difference. 

These guys have a sale on at the moment. I tend to use Autoglym and Bilt Hamber products, but am finding these products are equally good, if not better, and they always seem to have a promotion on. 

The Bilt Hamber snow foam is excellent, but the foam and cling on this product out performs it. 

I use 100ml of snow foam in the 1 litre bottle. Any of the 1:10 mixed snow foam that remains goes into a spare 1 litre bottle, and when it is full, I use that, so none goes to waste. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cherry-Shampoo-Microfibre-EZ-Care/dp/B07MLXKM3V/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1547654603&sr=1-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=EZ+Car+Care&dpPl=1&dpID=415hjWGLK3L&ref=plSrch

20181211_143555.jpg

Edited by Guest

I used to use a foam lance for the snow foam but have since used a pump sprayer after reading the review of Bilt Hamber Snow Foam, which I use.  I spray on with the pump on a dry car then leave for up 10 minutes before rinsing off with the pressure washer. This gets rid of the majority of the dirt then it two bucket method to finish the car off with clean microfibre cloth to dry the car.

Using the pump sprayer the snow foam is more econimical and I would estimate that I'm getting over twice as many car washes out of it.

The same review with more details in the thread.

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=400542

Edited by CWARD
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I’ve recently tried BH auto foam in a garden sprayer as per CWARD, and apart from it feeling like I’m spraying weed killer, the results are impressive and I’m a convert 😎

Gaz