Multifunction steering wheel adding one to pre-face lift model

P3P5I

1 hour ago, danikd said:

... which BCM support MFSW?

Not only that but also an autostart, fog lights, heated seats & mirrors as this features are already fitted to my Citigo.

Autostart? Details pls ... 

Fog lights i had, only modded wiring to support corner ( I have old 2013 ), modded-retrofitted OEM autolights ( thx Ciclo https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?t=71456&start=45 ),  rain/light sensor, Citisafe sensor, heated windshield, FL headlights with LED, spoilers, 7E0 MAX BCM, FL cluster with maxidot, MFSW, TMPS ... many things

Now working on : Heated seats wiring ( seats later, maybe leather ), Beats soundsystem retrofit, MIB2 Amundsen retrofit with new climapanel and OEM rear camera, folding mirrors with dynamic turn signal and puddle lights, footwell lights, comfort windows with rainclose, black MC interior, new green/black logos ...

Ask what you want :) 

13 hours ago, danikd said:

Autostart? Details pls ...

Ask what you want :) 

By autostart I've meant stop/start function. My Citigo is a greentech edition so it comes with it. Also my one is a late 2013 model with fog lights already there. In my case I only had to enable corning fog lights via vcds.

My biggest issue at the moment is to get MFSW working. I'm aware that I will be forced to change BCM, which absolutely OK by me, but I have no idea which one will be suitable for my car?

You need to change BCM ... T73b/17 is needed ... F unit will be ok, but before you buy, always find desired unit on google pictures, same HW and SW and chceck pin present ... Finally I have MAX unit from Polo/T5/e-up, which support heated windscreen which I have.

So its good to thing about your retrofits and make BCM wiring in one shot, because is not fun to mange pins in bcm connector, there is no space :( 

And if you change BCM for FL, which F is, chech wiring diagram, there is different cluster panel CAN conenction, new has special, CAN-INST wiring ... so another two wires to BCM

BCM.JPG

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, danikd said:

You need to change BCM ... T73b/17 is needed ... F unit will be ok, (...) And if you change BCM for FL, which F is, chech wiring diagram, there is different cluster panel CAN conenction, new has special, CAN-INST wiring ... so another two wires to BCM

I have to admit You lost me here a bit. So, If I will source a 'F' unit i may still have to add/swap wires around? :wondering:

So its good to thing about your retrofits and make BCM wiring in one shot, because is not fun to mange pins in bcm connector, there is no space :( 

This is something I have already noticed when I was trying to add a wire to T73b/17 but luckily for me I have decided to remove the module just to discover that needed pin is missing :blink: at the moment, additional wire is connected at the top/steering wheel end and until I get right BCM module Im not touching it. I cant think of any additional  retrofits I could be doing. Im happy with my Citigo as it is. Altough I realy like the maxidot speedometer... :o

New BCMs from facelift Citigo use different canbus for instrument cluster- new CAN-COMBI ( sorry prev., post was mistake CAN-INST ) than old BCMs ... You must make 2 new wires  :

1)pin 29 on instrument cluster to pin 57 White connector B on BCM 
2)pin 28 on instrument cluster to pin 54 White connector B on BCM 

Old BCM has instr. cluster on motor CAN, pins 18 and 19 on BCMs side ...

Than your new BCM will be OK with instr. cluster.

Than you make wire from T73b/17 - LIN bus to stalk connector, +12V also there, as in wiring scheme - you have new small connenctor, I have old big ( car without start/stop )

And you need new airbag cable for MFSW

Thats all for MFSW ...

5 hours ago, danikd said:

... You must make 2 new wires  :

1)pin 29 on instrument cluster to pin 57 White connector B on BCM 
2)pin 28 on instrument cluster to pin 54 White connector B on BCM 

Old BCM has instr. cluster on motor CAN, pins 18 and 19 on BCMs side ...

Than your new BCM will be OK with instr.cluster

Eh... And it meant to be an easy retrofit...

I have already added airbag loom and 2 extra wires to the stalk connector. 12v is connected to the headlight connector and LIN reamain unconnected due to the missing pin.

I was just searching for new BCM and I got bit confused there. Following part numbers from ETKA i.e. 1S0937090F they also come with different letter combinations. Im not talking here about PR codes. Is this relevant which one I would get or should I look at the pins reather than letters?

16 hours ago, danikd said:

Its easy, but new BCM need new connection ... always check wiring diagram before!

If Im understanding correctly, I dont have to add wires I would simply have to use existing wires but just place them into new locations as per Your previous post and as per wiring diagram.

Summarising what @danikd wrote:

- T32/28 of the instrument panel is currently connected to T73b/19 'CAN drive, high' (orange/black wire) and after retrofit should go to T73b/54;

- T32/29 is connected to T73b/18 'CAN drive, low' (orange/brown wire) after it should be connected to T73b/57.

Im realy confused here. As per wiring diagrams which I have available on hand, T73b/17 is clearly described as unnasigned where further down the diagrams it show that if and when connecting the MFSW connection should be made to that PIN. The wiring diagrams are from 04/2012.

Edited by P3P5I

Make 2 new ones, on present canbus wiring harness, there are more units attached in the way of harness ...

T73b/17 in 2012 is described as unnasigned because MFSW is in MY17+ ... and before there was no BCM with this pin :)  

• Thanks 1

On 04/05/2019 at 21:48, danikd said:

Make 2 new ones, on present canbus wiring harness, there are more units attached in the way of harness ...

T73b/17 in 2012 is described as unnasigned because MFSW is in MY17+ ... and before there was no BCM with this pin :)  

So, is there a way to complete this retrofit without adding new wires to the clocks or what features/information I would loose without those wires added?

As per my previous post, apart of the single letter after the part number on the bcm module there is also a 3 digit/letter code. It is not a PR code. Which one I'm looking for? It should be easier than checking photos for the missing pins?

When it comes to a BCM itself, what are my other options when it comes to choosing a replacement module as citigo/up/mii bcm in a right version/spec maybe hard to find...

Hello,

to retrofit MFSW you need facelift BCM with pin 17 ( no prefacelift with it ).  But every facelift need new wiring to clocks ... No wires, no communication with BCM - non running car ... its easy ...

3digit letter code is addictional code - no need for it, its for ordering corfigurations ( coding, adaptations ) - everything can be manualy edited ... Anyway, the code isnt on BCM label, so you cant choose on used unit ...

BCM of same version should have same HW and SW revision ... so all must have same pinout - so pin 17 must be there ... but check it via photo, for sure :)

And pin T73b/17 its easy to find, see my picture above ...

Finally, you can choose from e-up!/up!/Citigo/Mii, Polo 6R, Rapid, T5/T6, BCMs ... Personally I have T5/T6  7E0 937 090 C - Which is MAX BCM ( support almost everything ) without single error in VCDS ...

BUT be aware from units with 315MHz remote freq. ... ( for example 7E0 937 190 C ) U need 434Mhz remote freq, which is use in Europe ( check your freq - lasered under blade of remote control )

Regards

Dan

• Thanks 1

Yes, I have noticed different frequencies for the central locking transponders.

:wondering: So even if I would find a different BCM as long it's a PQ25 apart from adding wire to T73b/17 (oh, I didn't have problem locating where this pin should be on the bcm unit) I will still have to add those 2 additional wires between BCM and clocks...

Any way, how did you managed to add those wires? I barely could disconnect connectors from the back of bcm were adding any extra wires, with my hands is physically impossible :sweat:

And you must slide main cover of connector and separate two sliding halves to access all inner line of connectors :) I added about 15-20 wires to BCM :) in my retrofits ... one word - horror ... good led light, small fingers, BCM out ( its easy - 20secs ) and each connector to left side (LHD) and you will see it in the gap near pedals ... one hand holding, second working ... hard to describe, you must try it...

Or you can remove whole dashboard and there is easy acces to connector

• 11 months later...

After a long time of inactivity and unproductivity, finaly due the covid-9 situation, I have some extra time on my hands to finish the long postponed mod.

A trip to my local breakers yard was a very successful one as I've found right BCM connectors to ease the wiring.

Having spare pins available, and having a spare bcm plu to learn how to open in, followed information provided by @danikd I have successfully added them to the original wiring loom.

t73B/17 - for the LIN bus connection to the steering wheel.

t73b/54 - to pin 28 on the back of your speedometer.

t73b/57 - to pin 29 on the back of your speedometer.

How I gained enough space to work on the plug? Everyone is different in my case, I have removed a bottom part of the dashboard trim. Detached bcm connector from the back of the unit and managed to shift it upwards, just between steering rack and fuse/relay box carrier.

It's only matter of connecting it to the other ends and finally swapping bcm module. Nearly there...

DSC_5025.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

After many attempts and terrible headaches, having my forearm scratch by the body work and being pain in the bottom for @danikd and without his help I wouldn't get this running, finally my MFSW came to life!

First of all, my biggest scare, was how to add the wires to the T73B connector. Tried to follow the advice from team-bhp forum by getting access from the behind of the BCM... nope, couldn't do that. so, I found aa different approach. by loosening bottom part of your dash board trim and pushing the required plug towards the top of the relay holder I was able to gain enough space to work comfortably on through the top side.

view?usp=sharing

view?usp=sharing

view?usp=sharing

view?usp=sharing

New wires had been added to pins 54 CAN High for kombi instrument (orange/black) and 57 CAN low for Kombi instrument (orange/brown).

wires had been replaced on the back of my clocks. respectively:

28 CAN High (orange/black),

29 CAN Low (orange/brown).

view?usp=sharing.

Thats the most important part. You need to connect new wires to the instrument cluster INSTEAD of the original connection! disconnect the old connection from pins 28 and 29, and YOU MUST REPLACE them with the wires you have added to BCM. if you won't do so, you will get a lot of errors in your VCDS scans. that was my struggle, as I've joined the original wiring with new wiring hence it would NOT work... Once again, thanks goes to @danikd for his patience with me and his support.

Once, you have covered the above mentioned wiring connections and you also have added well earlier mentioned wires to the steering wheel (T73b/17 - LIN connection and +12V)  which was covered at the beginning of this thread, you are all set to replace your comfort module.

the BCM I've used is 7H0937090B from old Octavia. despite of this particular module not being the latest available, everything works. start/stop, heated seats, heated mirrors, MFSW with illumination as well, cornering fog lights. I've chosen this module as it has every possible pin on the unit. and due to my error with wiring, I was 100% convinced that 1s0937090F and 1s0937090J BCM's were incompatible with my car as every time I've tried to use those modules, VCDS was giving me a lot of strange error messages. After wiring been rectified, those modules are also working correctly. so if you are planning to retrofit MFSW I would be more than happy to get rid of those modules at very reasonable price.

• 3 months later...
Hello 

I am Navein from India. I am an Automobile Parts and Accessories dealer ( Import & Export )

I own a Skoda Rapid 2019 DSG ( Monte Carlo Edition ) 1.5 TDi 
VIN : TMBBVMNA7KG019089

I am interested in upgrading my stock steering ( with out paddle shifters ) to Paddle shifters steering wheels. 

I contacted the Indian Retrofit guys  ( VAGTUNE , GERMAN DNA & NSQUARE ) and they charged me 1200 USD ( very expensive without airbag ). 

While hunting the paddle wheels on internet came to see a paddle steering wheel from Cars-equipment which fits PQ25 Platform ( link mentioned below )

PURCHASED FOR 350 USD ( LANDING PRICE IN INDIA )

I thought it would be direct fit which makes all functions work well but unfortunately having the below issues. 

After installing the new wheels paddles works fine 
1, Horn not working 
2, steering controls not functioning proper 
a, left volume roller UP/DOWN increases volume in Head Unit
b, Right roller UP/DOWN increases volume in Head Unit 
c, Left volume straight press works as Volume increase in Head unit 
d, Right Roller straight press works as Volume decrease in Head Unit 
e, all the other call, track change buttons are not working. 

Again contacted the Indian Retrofit guys ( VAGTUNE , GERMAN DNA & NSQUARE )  for installation help but came to an end that no one will help me even if I pay them. 

They need me to purchase the steering again with them for 1200 USD. 

I thought to taking it to a good mechanic who can fix it to me and after a long struggle he says its not a direct fit and he contacted some techie from Germany and these steering controls needs some PCB to be installed , So that he can make it work. 

Again he is charging me 800 USD for the PCB and VCDS coding. 

I am really got fed up with this , can some one help me in this. 

Ready to pay if they can make it in a professional way.

The favour to this will be highly appreciated.

• 2 years later...
On 03/05/2020 at 13:12, P3P5I said:

After many attempts and terrible headaches, having my forearm scratch by the body work and being pain in the bottom for @danikd and without his help I wouldn't get this running, finally my MFSW came to life!

First of all, my biggest scare, was how to add the wires to the T73B connector. Tried to follow the advice from team-bhp forum by getting access from the behind of the BCM... nope, couldn't do that. so, I found aa different approach. by loosening bottom part of your dash board trim and pushing the required plug towards the top of the relay holder I was able to gain enough space to work comfortably on through the top side.

view?usp=sharing

view?usp=sharing

view?usp=sharing

view?usp=sharing

New wires had been added to pins 54 CAN High for kombi instrument (orange/black) and 57 CAN low for Kombi instrument (orange/brown).

view?usp=sharing.

Thats the most important part. You need to connect new wires to the instrument cluster INSTEAD of the original connection! disconnect the old connection from pins 28 and 29, and YOU MUST REPLACE them with the wires you have added to BCM. if you won't do so, you will get a lot of errors in your VCDS scans. that was my struggle, as I've joined the original wiring with new wiring hence it would NOT work... Once again, thanks goes to @danikd for his patience with me and his support.

Once, you have covered the above mentioned wiring connections and you also have added well earlier mentioned wires to the steering wheel (T73b/17 - LIN connection and +12V)  which was covered at the beginning of this thread, you are all set to replace your comfort module.

the BCM I've used is 7H0937090B from old Octavia. despite of this particular module not being the latest available, everything works. start/stop, heated seats, heated mirrors, MFSW with illumination as well, cornering fog lights. I've chosen this module as it has every possible pin on the unit. and due to my error with wiring, I was 100% convinced that 1s0937090F and 1s0937090J BCM's were incompatible with my car as every time I've tried to use those modules, VCDS was giving me a lot of strange error messages. After wiring been rectified, those modules are also working correctly. so if you are planning to retrofit MFSW I would be more than happy to get rid of those modules at very reasonable price.

Hello my friend..i have a citigo 2016 facelift  Can you Please  tell. Me. How can i set my New steering multifunctional  wheel make it to play.. Please tell Me. Step by step what should. I. Make

On 03/05/2020 at 13:12, P3P5I said:

view?usp=sharing

view?usp=sharing

view?usp=sharing

view?usp=sharing

view?usp=sharing.

Hello sir can you help me with the Multifunction steering wheel