DAB and sat nav options

I have the Bolero unit (factory-fitted) and just wondered if an upgrade to a full DAB unit was ,really, worthwhile. I have yet to connect my mobile via Bluetooth for sat-nav use but would like more radio stations...and a USB socket would be nice.

I appreciate this may be "old hat" and probably posted many times by others... am new here

Thanks in advance

I like DAB and there are loads more stations. It is an easy swap but you will need a DAB aerial and if getting integrated sat nav, a GPS aerial too.

You can go whole hog for a shark fin aerial but then you need run cables to the roof, or use the simple cheap stick on window versions. GPS aerials can be stuck behind the unit itself and are cheap.

If you are interested I have an OEM DAB Columbus unit in the parts for sale section, which has sat nav, an SD card slot and hard drive for music and latest maps. If you live anywhere near Newport, South Wales, I will happily help fit and code the unit to your car.

Edited by adamal

Still very much enjoying my Android unit - DAB via 'TuneinRadio' app if that's your thing. Plus and minus points to both approaches (data use for example, if streaming using aforementioned app).