What Android apps are worth buying or upgrading?

john999boy

Google has very kindly deposited a small amount of money into my account but it needs using TODAY (27.1.19).

I’ve been looking over the past few weeks and can’t really see anything that seems worth spending my free money on though...... So, suggestions please for ideally something that’s productivity or utility orientated as a one off purchase instead of an ongoing subscription.

I use Inrix Traffic app before most journeys.

Unlike most traffic info provided for satnav apps, this gives info of traffic incidents around the start, journey and destination, that way you get the heads up of incidents that you know due to local knowledge may affect your route that the satnav couldn't predict. 

http://inrix.com/mobile-apps/

Thanks for the suggestion but I either use the inbuilt nav on the S3 or Google Maps on the Leon.

Here, Waze etc have been tried but I don't quite find them as good.

Currently looking at Flight apps as a standby purchase but unsure which to pick.

Ah, in that case try Flight Radar 24. I used it a lot when I worked in airport security. I found it to be more accurate than the airports and airlines own apps. 

As for the Inrix Traffic, I don't use it for satnav, just for what the traffic is like around me or my route. 

For satnav I use Sygic on the S7. Free traffic and map updates for life. You can even get it for Android Auto. 

You can normally download a full feature version for 7 days for free. 

Just had a look through my apps. Only thing I can continue with is a years subscription to F1 app. Worth it for watching races in condensed format if busy during a race weekend. 

Must be an f1 fan of course.

1 hour ago, JohnRS said:

and the official DVSA theory app.

I didn't think you were that bad a driver John! :kiss:

Well I didn't purchase anything but I'll keep on looking for the next 'essential' app to go alongside Net Analyser Pro which, AFAIK, is the only app I've bought so far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, john999boy said:

I didn't think you were that bad a driver John! :kiss:

Well I didn't purchase anything but I'll keep on looking for the next 'essential' app to go alongside Net Analyser Pro which, AFAIK, is the only app I've bought so far.

:D It was when I was doing my theory for my bike test. 

I looked at the top purchased apps and people buy some questionable apps.