Going Going & Gone

Really liked the Mk3 Fabia, my current car a 1.2 TSi 90 bhp is on its way after less than 3 months ownership, I'm sick & tired of silly things going tits up with it. Suspension that has a really bad case of arthritis, worse than my great great grandmothers, a Mickey Mouse service from the dealer has left me with no confidence in Skoda whatsoever. I have sourced a Fiat Panda Easy with bluetooth with lower mileage. I have had Audi's Volkswagen's etc but nowadays QC is right out the Tommy Trinder (window)

I have driven the Panda's before and just love the simplicity and charm of them.

So, I'd like to thank Briskoda and the helpful gents that have given me some sound advice. Oh how I wish I'd kept my 2014 Skoda Fabia Black Edition, build quality was far away better than the Mk3 Fabia. :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Estate Man said:

Got to agree, the build on the latest Mk3's doesn't seem as good. Both of mine developed considerable engine and gearbox issues and rattled like a good un! Rejected the first one, got rid of the second really quickly before more issues developed. 

Apologies for interjecting but, does this mean there are issues reported with the Mk3? Especially the latest builds as you point towards like the 1.0tsi I'm looking at?

No current issues getting reported with New WLTP Certificated 1.0 TSI with GPF, Face Lifted Mk3 Fabia.

Surely since 1999 Skoda can build Fabia that have no built in faults and no snagging issues or silly little faults due to penny pinching.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.

• Like 1

Good, but you must remember,

you only know about how new technology from Skoda / VW is after 2 or 3 years once 2 or 3 years have passed.

VW use Paying customers as Road Test Dummies.   They just react to needs to get Emissions Low far too late and mess about with the Engine Management / Software.

They work for testing rather than real world car use. 

Hence the 1.5 TSI issues currently.

• Like 3

Interesting thread, i do still like my 2010 1.6TDI Elegance and have very few problems, i am a tad nervous about spending a lot more money and getting more issues, i had been considering looking elsewhere when i change and maybe going towards Toyota or Honda.

On 6 February 2019 at 23:01, Hudson1 said:

Interesting thread, i do still like my 2010 1.6TDI Elegance and have very few problems, i am a tad nervous about spending a lot more money and getting more issues, i had been considering looking elsewhere when i change and maybe going towards Toyota or Honda.

Do look at Toyota. I moved from Fabia to Latest Prius, (2 years old), and I'm delighted materials, fit, finish, technology all leave current Skoda for dead and, whether you byt new or used, the standard factory warranty is 5 years/100k miles.  

On 11/02/2019 at 17:22, alltorque said:

Do look at Toyota. I moved from Fabia to Latest Prius, (2 years old), and I'm delighted materials, fit, finish, technology all leave current Skoda for dead and, whether you byt new or used, the standard factory warranty is 5 years/100k miles.  

The pious is a great car but not one with great longevity. So many bits that are uneconomical to fix :(

Sadly this is going to be the future as cars hybrid up.

14 hours ago, abaxas said:

The pious is a great car but not one with great longevity. So many bits that are uneconomical to fix :(

Sadly this is going to be the future as cars hybrid up.

The Hybrid battery on my RAV4 can be extended to 11 years warranty on a year by year basis with a straight forward service.

Bill :)