Oh no I ain't.

Well I have to eat Humble Pie (Umble Pie originates from medieval times where the "Lord or King" had the right to hunt over lands and the left overs of the animal, the offal was left for the peasants to make "Umble Pie".

I was today going to unload my Fabia estate for a Fiat Panda, what lay before me was a disgrace from a Fiat main agent, scuffed alloys, pretty unclean, not serviced or washed and the thing that buried they couldn't or wouldn't supply a spare wheel in place of that stupid foam filler crap.

So I have to try to re-love the Skoda Fabia

What was it with the Fabia - just time for a change?  Just spotted your other thread.

What attracted  you to the Panda?

You would have thought that level of presentation was dead & buried eh? Just when you thought the Motor Trade couldn't get any worse too.

Bill :)

Edited by lawnmowerman

12 minutes ago, lawnmowerman said:

What was it with the Fabia - just time for a change?  Just spotted your other thread.

What attracted  you to the Panda?

You would have thought that level of presentation was dead & buried eh? Just when you thought the Motor Trade couldn't get any worse too.

Not really a time to change, just got the hump with VAG's mismanagement of both Skoda & Seat and their lack of care introducing things without proper testing first. That along with the shabby way Skoda dealers are "instructed" by VAG at all costs rip off the customer and be prepared to lie to the masses.

As regards to the Fiat, it has typical Italian flair and charm, nicely appointed inside and rides speed humps better with a superior suspension set up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DennisMenaced said:

Not really a time to change, just got the hump with VAG's mismanagement of both Skoda & Seat and their lack of care introducing things without proper testing first. That along with the shabby way Skoda dealers are "instructed" by VAG at all costs rip off the customer and be prepared to lie to the masses.

As regards to the Fiat, it has typical Italian flair and charm, nicely appointed inside and rides speed humps better with a superior suspension set up.

I know where you are coming from regarding lack of faith in the VAG group. That's why I binned them two weeks ago and got a new Toyota RAV4 Hybrid.

• Like 2

On 28 January 2019 at 19:53, lawnmowerman said:

I know where you are coming from regarding lack of faith in the VAG group. That's why I binned them two weeks ago and got a new Toyota RAV4 Hybrid.

Pretty  much why I'm now the owner of a lovely Prius hybrid.  Build quality to die for and feels as though it will go on forever, plus a main dealer with first class people in every dept. Shame really, my original Fabia vRS TDi was a gem and much better built than the latest stuff. Can't see me ever going back to VAG products.

• Like 1

I agree about Skoda dealers.

I'm on my second new car,another Fabia,and I love it. I had no problems with my last one and I'm not worried about having problems with this one.

My wife is on her second Citigo,again no problems.

We drive our cars carefully and maintain them well.

The Skodas suit our needs and we're very happy with them.

I'm particularly impressed with the room in my Fabia and the smoothness of the DSG box.

Most of all I prefer the design of the car over everything else in the same class. I dont like quirky and gimmicky looks with stick on bits and cuddly faces.

Each to their own.