Be Careful With The Simply Clever Ice Scraper...

Coldest night so far. Car was refreezing as i was driving along. -5C with fog. Fortunately I got in stationary traffic and things warmed up. Yup, fuel flap froze shut. Morrisons card to the rescue.

I've managed to scratch the glass using a car wash brush in the past so it's surprising how easy it can be done.

I always cringe when I see others scraping away with various tools to clear the screens as if they were sanding wood!

This morning I wouldn't even have the option of using the scraper anyway, the fuel filler flap was ice up well at the bottom...

IMG_2818.JPG

The one that makes me cringe is hearing someone jump in the car and instantly using the wipers to clear it...wrecks the blades quickly, and if frozen to the screen could wreck, or at least put wear on the wiper mechanism...

Mrs C has mentioned that our next door neighbour has the nasty habit of just clearing the screen directly in front of her...might have a word, as we get on well and it’s pretty dangerous.

Edited by Cubbington

• 1 month later...
On 30/01/2019 at 07:46, Cubbington said:

That comment has just pushed my button...even Mrs C's 10 year old Fiesta has a heated screen, which she likes to point out to me in this weather :rofl:

The car I replaced was a 10 year old focus and it had front heated windscreen - that was the only good thing about it. Not having a heated screen is the only bad thing about octavia!!