Here's what I got after the Fabia Combi 2016 model.

I was so sick and tired of hearing my suspension going into one  when pot holing over our appalling roads and those bloody anti-social speed humps. The build quality is not a patch on my old 2014 Black Edition estate or a 2005 Mk1 Fabia my garage has as a courtesy car. However, the ride on the motorway was pretty good but that wasn't a good enough reason to keep it. So I got this 2016 Fiat Panda, has the red accent on door mirrors and roof rails and the interior is just so nice (non Germanic) a place to be in. It has a light airy interior. It glides over humps and bumps, sleeping policeman (and the ones that aren't asleep. Build quality, bearing in mind it is Italian and at some point the wheels will fall off, colloquially speaking, but driving it I have confidence in it.

More interior space in the Fabia and it was demonstrably faster than the Panda, but the Italian flair wins over,bellissimo. 

20190130_152435.jpg

20190201_154411.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I love Flats but would I buy a modern one...no. The Fabia is better built and will be more reliable, I had a 2016 Fabia and it was great and I covered nearly 40,000 miles in it. I've ordered another as I know it'll be just as good. I looked at the new Panda back in 2012 and decided to buy a Citigo instead, it was by far a better car all round. In 2004 I did have the previous Panda and that car was far more solidly built than the current one. Still, each to their own.

To be frank, I'm not a fan of modern Fiats, though this isn't really based on any anecdotal evidence. My significant other, on the other hand, had a 2002 Seicento, followed by a '61 Punto and both were faultless while she had them. She was a huge fan of the Seicento, though. It was like a little go-kart.

That being said, she prefers her '17 Polo to both aforementioned.

Hope you have many carefree miles!

31 minutes ago, Gerrycan said:

A bit late now but every other complaint about crashy suspension is usually attributed to the transport blocks not being removed during the PDI.

Good to know! I'll keep an eye out for mine, when it arrives!