Cruise control symbol amber colour

The cruise control symbol on the dash has started to display in amber (instead of green) and with a ! attached.  The cruise speed then cannot be set so it can't operate.  Can anyone offer advice on what the cause may be and what can/should be done to get the system operational again?  I'm new to Skoda having only purchased my 2017 Octavia a month or so ago and am wondering if this is a warranty issue.

I had this on a number of occasions, particularly when the car had "sat" for a few days. By switching the ignition off & then back on again this seemed to fix it until the next time. In for service some time later, the Skoda guys found no fault, & to be fair, the orange light never appeared again. I personally suspected damp in the system, & when I traded it in last August ( after a hot dry summer ) all was fine still. I'm wondering if you bought my car, an Octavia Elegance, Quartz Grey Metallic, with a beige interior !?!

Thanks for your replies.  I wonder if the salt and crud on the roads at this time of year is a contributory factor.  BTW I did not buy a grey and beige car!!

After communicating with the dealer, they want to book the car in for investigation .... for a few days.  I don't understand why it needs so long but that looks like my best option right now.

1 hour ago, pdhealy said:

I had a similar issue with my old 2014 Octavia. Ended up with dealer replacing the stalk entirely under warranty.

That's interesting  ...... I've been trying to identify what causes the cruise control to go into amber display mode.  Over the past few days, it starts off ok and after some driving, has switched to amber on a righthand turn.  If this is really the cause, it could be to do with the indicator stalk, a loose contact, a dirty contact, a bad earth etc.  Too many options for me to sort out.

If there are any other similar experiences out there, it would be good to learn of the causes and rectifications.

• 4 weeks later...

Got the car back today and it looks like the same steering column stalk fault.  The garage found an error code associated with this, sent the details to engineering, got the reply to replace the stalk under warranty.  So far so good.  Now got to see if it lasts.

Hope this helps anyone else having similar issues.