58 Estate rear washer...

I see I'm not the only one...

So my new 58 plate Estate seems pretty good, but i noticed the rear washer wasn't working.

Thanks to some previous posts, I took out the fog light to have a look.

There are two motors, one has hoses going to the headlamp area, but I don't have headlamp washers.

The other has a T connection, one feeds the front window washers (which work fine). The other has been disconnected, and replaced with a short capped of length of tube, which is now split and leaking. See photo. I assume the other pipe has been disconnected because of a problem further along.

My question is.... assuming I fixed the other problem further along...if I was to reconnect the pipe (presumably for the rear washer), wouldn't it spray when I was using the front washers, as it's the same motor?

Apologies if I'm being dim.

Thanks.

Washer bottle motors.jpg

Not sure about your specific model but often when the same pump is used for front and rear washers, the motor voltage is reversed to make pump feed the rear outlet. You cannot have both on at the same time.

Hi

My 55 plate Octavia Estate has started with this today. I can hear the motor working when I try and activate the rear washer, but nothing. I've had the rear brake light off and the hose is still connected at that end. I haven't seen the post about removing the fog light for access, which one is it and is it easily removed?