Octavia 245 Estate VRS Challenge DSG

Hi totally new to this fourm.

This weekend I have ordered myself a brand new Octavia Estate 245 VRS Challenge DSG in Pearl Black from Beadles of Maidstone.

This is my first venture in the Skoda world as currently I own a VW mk5 Golf GTI.

Been given a delivery date of 12 weeks and got to say very excited and looking forward to picking it up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CAFC1905 said:

Would add to this I would have loved to have spaced and virtual cockpit and a reversing camera but I would have blown my budget for the purchase.

Collected my Black Magic Pearl hatch manual 245 back in August 2017 (probably one the first 10 registered in the UK) and came with spare wheel, reversing camera (very useful) and electric sunroof (no KESSY or DCC though). Paid £28,100 and this is the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable and pleased with all the mods I've done to it so far. Sure you will enjoy it once you get yours. Mine has now done 19,465 miles and averaged over 40mpg.:thumbup:

Edited by shyVRS245
missing word

2 minutes ago, CAFC1905 said:

@shyVRS245
 I would be very interested to hear about your mods, beyond the normal remap/de cat and air filter type mods be nice to know what sort of cheap and easy mods are out there?

In terms of the factory paint pearl black how is that standing up with normal wear and tear??

The simple answer is not very well. It shows every scratch and not just from washing even though I wash it myself. Lots of cats where I live and they enjoy jumping on my bonnet to soak up the warmth then slide down claws extended of course. Nice cheap mod from local Skoda dealer are Vrs rear door sill protectors and boot sill protector (mat silver in my case). The interior is holding up better than the exterior fortunately.:sadsmile:

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

The simple answer is not very well. It shows every scratch and not just from washing even though I wash it myself. Lots of cats where I live and they enjoy jumping on my bonnet to soak up the warmth then slide down claws extended of course. Nice cheap mod from local Skoda dealer are Vrs rear door sill protectors and boot sill protector (mat silver in my case). The interior is holding up better than the exterior fortunately.:sadsmile:

I've noticed you haven't mentioned the Red bits...............:shake:

:tongueout:

3 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I've noticed you haven't mentioned the Red bits...............:shake:

:tongueout:

Didn't you realise they are my car's equivalent of sticking plasters to cover up the scratches. Find a new scratch add a bit more vinyl, going for full wrap when I can afford it cover up all the black paint completely. Alternative is to shoot all the neighbours cats (probably wouldn't make me very popular).:devil:

10 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Didn't you realise they are my car's equivalent of sticking plasters to cover up the scratches. Find a new scratch add a bit more vinyl, going for full wrap when I can afford it cover up all the black paint completely. Alternative is to shoot all the neighbours cats (probably wouldn't make me very popular).:devil:

If you had got the Primer painted Vrs in the first place you could have had it painted what ever colour you wanted.

9 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

If you had got the Primer painted Vrs in the first place you could have had it painted what ever colour you wanted.

To me a cat is just the same as a flying rat (AKA Pigeon), if it runs into the road noway am I going to swerve. They even leave dirty paw prints to show their exact route seeking out the hot spots (plenty with a turbo engine):bearhug:

On 11/02/2019 at 20:20, Auric Goldfinger said:

Welcome to the Forum, I ordered one last Saturday

Rally Green DSG Hatch, Virtual Cockpit and a spare wheel

Enjoy

The one with the silly headlights? :) 

8 hours ago, StealthRS245 said:

The one with the silly headlights? :) 

He's embracing progress, like suddenly stepping from 2016 to 2019, when phone screens and in-car touchscreens got bigger and maxidot in colour and ambient lighting to name a few. Can't halt progress. One day all cars will have 17" screens like a Tesla.:clap:

• 3 months later...