Rear washer not working (within brake light)

Hi 

Seen a few posts on here that have successfully repaired the rear washer on the hatchback, but not the estate.

So when I activate the rear washer, the wiper works, can hear the motor, but no water.

I've removed the rear boot trim and then the light, and the hose is still attached. I've then cleaned the nozzle with a pin and toothbrush. Still no joy,

Can anyone help from here on?

I don't know what route the hose takes through the car or how to access it. I've no obvious signs of water elsewhere in the car

Any info appreciated

Thanks

Hi 8lakeley, I need to replace the light in middle of spoiler. I notice there is what appears to be a join in the boot trim, did you find it is two pieces and can remove the top section for the light(hose in your case) or whole thing needs removing..? Either way, is it quite straight forward to remove?

t3rm3y,

Right, just behind the boot handle on the inside is a screw. Remove it and that section of the trim will (carefully) pop off. Once thats off, the trim hiding the brake light is exposed. Either side of the window you'll see two screws, remove those and the second trim will pop off also. The light itself was held in by 3 x 13mm nuts (off the top of my head) which are easy to remove. Then disconnect the light from the power and washer hose and you're done.

Right everyone, problem solved!

After removing the entire boot trim and making sure no water was coming from the hose in the brake light, further investigation was needed. After managing to access behind the carpet just under the CD changer, I found a connector in the pipe had disconnected. Attached it back together and secured with some tape for extra security. Problem solved!

IMG_3483.jpg

IMG_3484.JPG

• Thanks 1

Many people have had the same popped connector on Mk1 and Mk2 Octavias.

One conjecture (probably right) is that the it is caused by freezing of the washer fluid in the pipe during cold weather and can be prevented by using the correct strength washer fluid.