Sequential windows not working after a battery change

Lucwal

Hello,

I recently changed my battery on my Fabia, and now, while my electric windows still work, they do not work in sequential mode anymore (the 2nd click that lets you open or close them automaticly).

Do any of you know how I can fix that ?

I did that and it fixed the passanger side, but on the driver side it makes a weird noise (as if the motor is trying to push the window up eventhough it is already up) and it does nothing.

I don't know if I should go to the dealership but I'm afraid they will make me pay something like 70€ just to mess with a few switches

You do the repeat, all the way down, holding after it gets there for a few more seconds, then all the way up, hold again for a few seconds. This should start the function. You may have to repeat it and also, do it with both windows, even though you say one is now working. Do make sure, though, not to stop the window half way up or down... A full open/close is needed and sometimes a few tries until it works. As mentioned before, ignition on!

Last time my passenger window would not work at all in the end I put key in drivers for lock and held in unlock position and the windows all went down and then in lock so they all closed and it worked fine after that.  Might be worth a try. 

Ok guys it is fixed.

For information : the key technique didn't work (the windows stayed up)
Like I said holding the button up didn't work the first time I tried, but I tried it again while driving on the Highway and it worked. So if someone runs into this issue and can't get the fix to work, it might be worth it to try it while the car is working.