RACE CHIP GTS Black + Bluetooth App Control

splinter

RACE CHIP GTS  Black with Bluetooth app control. This gives four settings controlled by Bluetooth on you phone.

The settings are OFF / EFFICIENCY / SPORT / RACE. (Used Efficiency once and nearly fell asleep!)

This unit is set up for Superb (3V) 2.0 TSI petrol. Engine code CJXA.

Excellent bit of kit, selling as I have had a remap instead.

Original cost £649

Looking for £350 including postage ovno

• 2 weeks later...

The box is set up for the 280 but can be reprogrammed for any vehicle. Would have to be sent back to Racechip.

According to spec the gain is +54bhp. Have a look on Racechip website.

I went for the remap as I couldn't be arsed with crawlling under the car to put the third lead on to the turbo boost loom and the remap is +70bhp.

• 3 weeks later...

At RaceChip we specifically program our optimisation software for the particular engine in which our product is being installed for performance optimisation. 

For this reason, unlimited re-use of our chip tuning products is only possible if the new vehicle has exactly the same engine. 

If this is not the case, then please contact our customer service to ask about the options and costs associated with using one of our chip tuning products in a new vehicle (+44 20 369 535 73 or [email protected]). If you want to use your RaceChip in a different vehicle, it will have to be reprogrammed. 

In most cases, we'll offer you the option of reprogramming your RaceChip product to suit your new vehicle. This means we will load the respective RaceChip optimisation software onto the product and deliver the connection cable required for installation in your new vehicle to you. You will understand that we can offer this service only if we still have the same product (or a new equivalent) in our range. 

We offer this option up to 36 months after purchasing one of our products. The cost of a reprogramming (including the required cable) is GBP 109 (incl. VAT) (1). With RaceChip GTS or Ultimate, the first reprogramming is included as part of the purchase package and so is free of charge. With RaceChip GTS Black, the first two reprogrammings are included as part of the purchase package.(1) 

For a reprogramming, the hardware must still be in a fully functioning condition. 

Delivery costs will be invoiced on a case by case basis.

Sorry for the delay in answering but the above states that as it is a RaceChip GTS Black then it is free of charge apart from postage.

I have looked on the RaceChip site and I don't think it is compatible with the Yeti. The Black version is for higher powered engines.

On 26/03/2019 at 09:19, splinter said:

I have just noticed that you have ordered a VW Tiguan!!

Petrol or Diesel??

Engine version??

1.5TSI DSG petrol. Wasn't actually thinking of the RaceChip for that particular car, but don't think they have mapping available for the 1.5TSI anyway....

This could be reprogrammed for a 2016 Superb 2.0tdi (190) ??

Looking at the above post, the first reprogramming would be for free.........I wonder would that be the case for the new owner?