345 mm front disk from 3.6 on 2.0 TDI 312mm

Since front disks nad pads are now soon for changing, I was wondering if I could put the biggest brakes for mk2, from 3.6 to 2.0 TDI 103kw? I have 17 inch allows for winter and summer. What else do I need to change apart from disks and pads? Maybe calipers? Will this affect abs and ESP? I think I have 312 in the font now...

You will need disc,pads,calipers and the caliper carriers. So a full set up, if you have a good look around on the internet you'll be looking to pay depending on how good the discs and pads are between £250-£350 for the full set up second hand 

15 hours ago, djordje48 said:

Since front disks nad pads are now soon for changing, I was wondering if I could put the biggest brakes for mk2, from 3.6 to 2.0 TDI 103kw? I have 17 inch allows for winter and summer. What else do I need to change apart from disks and pads? Maybe calipers? Will this affect abs and ESP? I think I have 312 in the font now...

Why would you want to do that?  In my experience the factory-fit brakes are perfectly adequate. I see no reason to upgrade to a bigger (more expensive) set.

To "andrehj" - I think that the factory brakes are a little weak.. With the same press of the break pedal another make/model Car will stick you to the front glass. I see many People that has compliants about Superb 2 brakes and I do not think that this is by chance..

Edited by tuningmania

I was going to do this but read a few articles that put me off  (unsprung weight)

I went with 312mm RotorDiscs and Black Diamond Predator pads all round and the difference is fantastic

rotordisc.jpg

4 hours ago, tuningmania said:

To "andrehj" - I think that the factory brakes are a little weak.. With the same press of the break pedal another make/model Car will stick you to the front glass. I see many People that has compliants about Superb 2 brakes and I do not think that this is by chance..

I've got 20 pot calipers and 340/330 diameter disks on my Mercedes and as it's "short,  light & small" I'm guessing there's a lot less to stop than the Skoda, but the Superb brakes are much more immediate with more power for less pedal effort.  I guess the merc's may do better with multiple stops from high speed.  Not that I've tried

20 hours ago, tuningmania said:

To "Gdcobra" - Multiple stops are very important part of the brake's potential, especially when driving a little bit aggressive..

Yeah of course, but you'd have to be driving race track aggressively to pressure those babies :-)

The caliper set is 600 euros for my VIN, I didnt dare to ask for 3.6:sadsmile:. So this idea goes away def.

Now another interesting question. I would like to put ATE Power disks and/or ceramic brakes. ATE power disk is just 15 euros more than regular coated ATE. SOmeone recomends ATE Power Disk and regular ATE pad, not ceramic. Opinions?

So I did it this way: bought the Power Disk for the front (code 525158), regular ATE coated for the rear (412169-code not written on ATE site!) and regular pads, for the front: 607184 and for the rear 602880. This is the recommendation I recieved from ATE hotline:

Also! 345mm disk must go to 18" wheel, not possible in 17"

the best combination for maximum brakeperformance is the Powerdisc with normal brakepads. 

The Ceramic pads shouldn´t use in combination with powerdisc 
because you can get noises with this combination. 

1 hour ago, djordje48 said:

Also! 345mm disk must go to 18" wheel, not possible in 17"

That's not correct if you're referring to the brakes from a 3.6 vr6. I have one; my winter wheels are a 17" Dezent model and they fit fine. The gap between rim and caliper is small but there's no problems.

I have read that not *all* 17" wheels fit though, even with an appropriate ET. Never experienced it myself though.

Cheers,

Steve