MOLL battery

Tommo7759

Hi all, I'm still new to this forum and now posess my L&K 2.0 TDI. Anyway after a protracted wait following an SOS button fault, I got the car and was not impressed the following morning when car wouldn't start.

The car is a tad over 12 months old  and therefore I summoned vag roadside assist and on attending the technician told me in conversation that my MOLL battery is faulty which subsequent diagnostic confirmed and that VAG were replacing all these battery's as and when a starting issue arises. I asked if this is the case why not recall all affected vehicles?  He stated that it was almost as big and in the shadow of the emissions scandal and VAG where trying to keep it quiet. Interestingly, I saw at least 10 varta battery's in his van.

Anyway pleased with car and now has a £280 varta battery under warranty.

Apologies if this topic has been covered prior, but as I stated still newbie.

Edited by Tommo7759