Front electric Window problem

Woodspoiler

My Roomster front windows are not working fitted a new drivers side switch but to no avail. Moved gator back and noticed some semi broken wires so bought a Vemo repair harness but it came with a load of loose wires and a door frame socket so now I’m confused any help out there?

I changed the whole door loom when mine played up. The whole loom was about £90 so I hope the repair kit is considerably cheaper. I think you are meant to take the door card off, cut back the original loom and join your replacement section on instead.

Replacing the whole loom would be easier but I hope much more expensive.

Guest Roomyster

I changed mine, it had a plug socket unit to go through into the door pillar as you say and connect up but  mine broke out into individual cables with unique connectors to go to the various bits within the door, had to take door card off, cut some of the plastic lining and drill out the speaker rivets to remove speaker then replaced with screw. was a fiddly job.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, fus1875 said:

my windows only work with the lights on and I have no switch for mirrow moving where do I start

Doesn't sound quite right to me, this suggests that a cable has degraded, and the circuit is finding an alternative routing.

How old is the car, there have been problems with some that are 8+ years old as cables break, (or the connectors don’t make good contact) especially near the flexible bit at the edge of the door.  

If the actual window lift motors and switches are working then my guess is the cabling, either needs an auto electrician to test each cable, but sometimes easier to order a new door wiring loom and have that installed rather than faffing trying to sort individual wires as they will all be old and delicate