Lower Grille removal

NigelC95

Recently bought a Fabia3 and the horn is rather weak. I intend to upgrade it to a twin horn.

I understand the horn is located behind the lower grille of the bumper, at the LH side for single horns.

Does anyone know how to remove the lower grille from the bumper without breaking it? Do I just pry it out around the top and bottom, or do I have to remove the bumper?

The workshop manual just says it is clipped to the bumper, but fails to mention whether this is from the front or behind.  Cars with foglamps are easier as the foglamp removal is detailed well.

4 hours ago, NigelC95 said:

Recently bought a Fabia3 and the horn is rather weak. I intend to upgrade it to a twin horn.

I understand the horn is located behind the lower grille of the bumper, at the LH side for single horns.

Does anyone know how to remove the lower grille from the bumper without breaking it? Do I just pry it out around the top and bottom, or do I have to remove the bumper?

The workshop manual just says it is clipped to the bumper, but fails to mention whether this is from the front or behind.  Cars with foglamps are easier as the foglamp removal is detailed well.

Do it properly and shove a train horn in there... at very least a lorry horn!

On a serious note, my horn was kinda rubbish, took it to the dealer and it turns out it had somehow come detached, they fitted it back in properly and it was much better. Might be worth checking that first.

8 hours ago, NigelC95 said:

I have mk3 april 2015 i remember in the early months of ownership someone wrote on this site about replacing the horn and also some picture's  you may be able to search this website or one of the other members may have allready done it Joe