Door locked

MikeThelm

I have the same problem with the n/s rear door of my 2007 roomster II.

Was all working fine on Sunday, went away for 3 days, came back last night and the rear n/s door would not open.

Seems like a lock failure, stuck in deadlocked position with no reaction to keyfob or door catch.

I think the answer to MikeThelms question must be the same as mine? Is it possible to get trim off, and the door lock unlatched with the door closed?

Any info welcomed, it must be quite common.............thanks.

Thanks for the tip. After a look around, see that deadlocked locks is a common problem, probably the lock-motor has failed.

Front doors, can also be wiring loom, but lock has to be accessed in any case to get door open to fix a broken loom.

So, first thing for me will be to try and shock the motor back into action, someone in the car with engine running, pressing doors unlock button while I 'gently' thump the area near the jammed lock. If that works, straight off to get a new lock (I am guessing, but probably not worth getting a cheaper aftermarket lock from online parts dealer?)

To answer this MikeThelms question, looks like it is (just) possible to get trim off with door closed. Then lower window, disconnect from carrier, push back up and tape in position. Then remove window carrier mechanism to access the lock.

Where is best place for Skoda parts in Derbyshire? (Derby, Chesterfield both about 45 minutes from me).

Thanks again for this excellent resource.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gilroom said:

Thanks for the tip. After a look around, see that deadlocked locks is a common problem, probably the lock-motor has failed.

Front doors, can also be wiring loom, but lock has to be accessed in any case to get door open to fix a broken loom.

So, first thing for me will be to try and shock the motor back into action, someone in the car with engine running, pressing doors unlock button while I 'gently' thump the area near the jammed lock. If that works, straight off to get a new lock (I am guessing, but probably not worth getting a cheaper aftermarket lock from online parts dealer?)

To answer this MikeThelms question, looks like it is (just) possible to get trim off with door closed. Then lower window, disconnect from carrier, push back up and tape in position. Then remove window carrier mechanism to access the lock.

Where is best place for Skoda parts in Derbyshire? (Derby, Chesterfield both about 45 minutes from me).

Thanks again for this excellent resource.

Depending on what model Roomster you have they do locks on e bay with a 5 year guarantee for £24.50 eBay item number: 152195707152.

The only place i know in Derby is Skoda main dealers at Bristol Street Motors SKODA , Sir Frank Whittle Rd, Derby DE21 4RX but you will pay an arm and a leg there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the tip. Actually, I unlocked the door with the 'special key'.........repeated gentle thumping while pressing unlock button in the car. Engine running to get more voltage to lock motor. Now to source a new lock, I have enquired about the 5 year warranty version on ebay, they will tell me if it fits my roomster. More later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the suggestions. The old fitters cure worked, if all else fails hit it.:biggrin: Of course it had to be a bit more technical than that so Gilroom's method worked. Once it was open, I gave a generous squirt of liquid grease into every orifice and it's still working but I have a new lock unit on order via my friendly local garage.

• Like 1

Well done MikeThelms. While changing the lock, could be worth checking wiring loom inside the bellows with the door open, if wires have gone stiff / look brittle it can be worth changing the loom while door panel is off. Just a thought. It's unfortunately on my to do list at present.