Diamond cut Sirius Alloys

Sk1

I've currently got 19 ins Sirius Alloys on my Superb SEL estate. Unfortunately the lacquer on them has started peeling and I've had to have two of them refurbed twice and a fair cost.

Three of the wheels have now started corroding due to the lacquer again. Thinking of having then changed back to normal colour alloys with a colour change. I fancy light anthracite for the wheels but not sure if it will go as it's a white car. Gunmetal is to dark I think?  Any suggestions?  The photo below is what I was got now. I Iike the colour of the alloys on the VW Passat GT which is a light grey. Which is the pic below.

IMG_20190215_165633.jpg

Screenshot_20190215-174025.jpg

Edited by Sk1
Spelling mistake

The corrosion is because the lacquer has started peeling off and is flakey. With the road salt and other grime and brake dust, I would imagine is cashing the corrosion. 

As for colour, my only concern was the style of the wheel. The Sportline line wheels suit the light anthracite colour, so undecided to stay with silver or go bold with anthracite. 

The biggest cause of white worm (basically water under the laquer, turning a milky colour), is from small chips in the laquer from stones, kerbing etc.

Polished or diamond cut alloys look great, but aren't very durable.

If you (or your local hand carwash) use overly aggressive / acidic wheel cleaners then this will quickly accelerate the white worm.

3 hours ago, Boxerdog1 said:

Looks like you have a white car so anthracite coloured wheels should match up rather nicely  .... mind you , I'm a bit biased ;)

1XtRCbCh.jpg

That is exactly my thoughts. And I biased too with a white sportline hatch :)