Skip to content

upgraded from the octavia forum

Featured Replies

  • where I wrongly postedĀ :crying:Ā thanks ethelĀ and ju1ian1001
  • Ā 
  • Ā 

Dear allĀ 

well we have upgraded from out 2009 Black CR170 DSG Elegance SUPERB saloonĀ black leather interior electric memory seatsĀ 

to a 2014 BlackĀ  CR170 DSG Elegance SUPERBĀ  saloon white leather interior electric memory seats ( registered in January.

so it will be 13 plate, mark 11, not a 111Ā Ā )Ā  I thinkĀ 

Ā 

we are just trying to find out what is different . we have the service manual ( guessing I should be able to decipher the build

from the complicated code in the front, but it looks gobboldygook to me .

which i guess should help.

so far we lost the park assist and gained a heated front screen and some different pattern 18 inch wheels,

Ā Ā and gear lever andĀ  Dab radio and full size spare wheel not the space saver thing from what we can ascertainĀ .

oh and the dreaded stop go thing.( found the off button)

left the old floor mats in the old car Duuuh !Ā 

and the manualĀ Ā .

I am now currently downloading another B6 manual if I got that rightĀ .

suspension feels much better (no bumps,seems to glide) and road noise is much quieter.

also the engine same spec is also quieter. but the filler hole is at the other end or the rocker cover ,

( this makes me think the motor is differentĀ )

throttle seem more responsive and performance initially feels perkier.

oh and it has paddle shift ( gawd know what we do with that )Ā 

our lass uses it for work and I drive it in my free timeĀ Ā .Ā 

the boot and hatch buttons do not appear as positive on this new model either.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

our old car was bought at 75,000 and used up to 112,000 and this oneĀ  is at 45,000 so we are expecting the same amount of trouble free miles

Darlington skoda have supposedly fitted a belt and water pump and full service before sellingĀ  us the vehicle . just deciding how we can check that ( the service book has ticks in itĀ )

and if it will show in the VCDS for any reason.

Ā 

there will no doubt be more .Ā 

Ā 

The Octavia owners convinced me I had the wrong engine fittedĀ :rofl:, at least it's not an octavia , I had one of them beforeĀ :biggrin:

Ā 

car 1.jpg

car 2.jpg

lc63zxp-38^1500x1000^.jpg

Edited by JOHN-DYNOSTAR

Hello, and welcome!

Ā 

A very nice looking example you have there. :thumbup:

Some differences from the pre-facelift are that pretty much all the exterior lights are now restyled and predominantly LEDs, apart from the foglights, main beam and dipped beam (the latter being either halogen or Xenon depending on spec - I suspect that if you have an Elegance spec car your dipped beams will be active Xenons).

Ā 

The gear lever is a different design, as is the steering wheel.

Ā 

The Twindoor boot operation is also different on the facelift car I believe - the centre button now does the 'small' boot, the right oneĀ  - after waiting for the high level brakelight to flash - does the full tailgate.

Ā 

Not having owned a pre-facelift Superb I am afraid I don't know a huge lot more but those are the ones I am pretty sure about.

I'm fairly sure your '09 would have had the CBBB engine code, while your '13 one will have the CFGB (in its revised edition for the facelifted model).

Ā 

VCDS won't be able to detect if the belt and pump were changed or not.

Ā 

As for downloading the owner's manual, there are several revisions for the B6 manual, depending on build date: if I had to guess, I'd say yours is 2013/11. (Downloads are here)

  • Author
1 hour ago, chimaera said:

I'm fairly sure your '09 would have had the CBBB engine code, while your '13 one will have the CFGB (in its revised edition for the facelifted model).

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

As for downloading the owner's manual, there are several revisions for the B6 manual, depending on build date: if I had to guess, I'd say yours is 2013/11. (Downloads are here)

link goes directly to 2014/11 but i am close there thanks for that

Ā 

CFGB motor mmmm . right will have to seeĀ 

  • Author
1 hour ago, ethel said:

Some differences from the pre-facelift are that pretty much all the exterior lights are now restyled and predominantly LEDs, apart from the foglights, main beam and dipped beam (the latter being either halogen or Xenon depending on spec - I suspect that if you have an Elegance spec car your dipped beams will be active Xenons).

Ā 

The gear lever is a different design, as is the steering wheel.

Ā 

The Twindoor boot operation is also different on the facelift car I believe - the centre button now does the 'small' boot, the right oneĀ  - after waiting for the high level brakelight to flash - does the full tailgate.

Ā 

Not having owned a pre-facelift Superb I am afraid I don't know a huge lot more but those are the ones I am pretty sure about.

Ā 

very sorry I mend motorbikes, these are theĀ  headlightsĀ :biggrin:Ā they do wig wag about like drunken sailorsĀ 

when you start upĀ 

the twin door operation is still two buttons, but you used to hear the click click whirr and you knew it was locking together ,now it seems silent. or full of greaseĀ :biggrin:. the foglights do seem brighterĀ 

lc63zxp-33^1500x1000^.jpg

lc63zxp-17^1500x1000^.jpg

lc63zxp-4^1500x1000^.jpg

Edited by JOHN-DYNOSTAR

Can't really tell from looking but I'd be willing to bet that your dipped beams (the outer two projector items nearest the car's extremities) are the active Xenon sort so in Auto headlight mode they'll adjust automatically and 'steer' around corners.

Quite clever -Ā  if you watch the beams on a wall or flat surface when you switch the car on at night they do a little dance as they align themselves.. (little things like that amuse me, I'm easily pleased..)

  • Author

Just googled the engine and came up with this image . *think I will keep the bonnet closed*Ā :biggrin:

motor  ccff.jpg

There's a reason they shroud motors in plastic nowadays.. :D

  • Author
4 minutes ago, ethel said:

There's a reason they shroud motors in plastic nowadays.. :D

Ā 

pleased it's not mine :biggrin:  £2000 on ebay though 

2 hours ago, JOHN-DYNOSTAR said:

link goes directly to 2014/11 but i am close there thanks for that

Ā 

CFGB motor mmmm . right will have to seeĀ 

There's a drop-down menu for selecting the appropriate build period. 2014/11 is just the default option: click on it and select the one you need.

  • Author
7 minutes ago, chimaera said:

There's a drop-down menu for selecting the appropriate build period. 2014/11 is just the default option: click on it and select the one you need.

I have it . thank youĀ :thumbup:

and the columbus dab radio one as well .

so where do you find service data ie; what miles what happens , workshop manual type stuff .

Edited by JOHN-DYNOSTAR

1 hour ago, JOHN-DYNOSTAR said:

I have it . thank youĀ :thumbup:

and the columbus dab radio one as well .

so where do you find service data ie; what miles what happens , workshop manual type stuff .

Basics should be in the service book that came with the car.

Ā 

Beyond that you can buy the official service manuals from https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

Ā 

A 24 hour subscription is about the same price as a Haynes manual and is enough time to find and download everything.

@JOHN-DYNOSTAR

Ā 

Cheapest way to check engine code would be to use VAG DPF (free) Android app - will also help you to monitor regens.Ā 

Ā 

You should also check if and when it was fixed - dieselgate updated software - so there will be extra 2 years of warranty for engine / exhaust parts - EGR is prone to fail after the fix.Ā 

1 hour ago, jafo said:

@JOHN-DYNOSTAR

Ā 

Cheapest way to check engine code would be to use VAG DPFĀ 

Ā 

Cheapest way is to open driver's door and look at sticker on B pillarĀ 

It's written on the sideĀ :biggrin:

27 minutes ago, DelSuperb said:

Ā 

Cheapest way is to open driver's door and look at sticker on B pillarĀ 

It's written on the sideĀ :biggrin:

Ā 

Or read it from the timing belt cover. But the facelift CR170 only had one engine anyway: the CFGB.

  • Author

cheers guys . that should be enough to occupy me for this weekĀ :biggrin:

  • 5 years later...
  • Author

well here we are in 2024 thinking about upgrading to the  1.5 TSi  petrol  a 2019   Superb ,  DSG . 19" wheels . so I may be moving next door 😊

Ā 

only problem we had with the old car was a heater blower motor, tyres and wiper blades ., awsome buyĀ šŸ˜€

and if you are a mechanic , don't get a car with white seatsĀ šŸ˜„

Ā 

see how the test drive goes todayĀ 

Edited by JOHN-DYNOSTAR

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.