Skoda Superb interior lights missing

Hi there,

I was looking for a help on any other Skodas and VW's forums but i've failed.
My skoda apart from below issue is allmost perfect.
I decided to swap all my bulbs to LED ones and it was a big mistake. I've started having a wierd problems with my trunk (it was opening randomly). After 2-3 weeks my dome lights died but trunk fixed itself ;).
I swapped my bulbs  back to normal ones but the problem still occurs.
What VCDS says:
Address 46 Central Conv.
00946 - Interior light (W) Short to plus

So, when i open my doors dome lights dont work BUT when I turn them on manually they work without any issues.
Door lights and leglights (?) work perfectly (so it's not a microswitch issue). FIS also says that doors are open.

What I was able to check:
1. Fuses and bulbs are ok

2. Comfort module is dry and ok (I swapped it with another working one and same iussue still occurs)

3. I fixed ~8 connections near driver side -> they were ok but i said to myself why not....

I know that this is not a unique situation but in other cases those dome lights were dead-dead and in my scenario they are kinda working...Do you have any ideas what's going on?

BR,

Michal

Have you check under your carpets for water? Both front footwells.

If they are wet, hopefully not please read "the water ingress problem" second from the top.

Edited by Danny 57

OK, there is some water on passenger site. I dried out carpets using some AC and bought 3B1819640A.
Apart from that i was able to fix aprox 7 connections (they looked ok, maybe a bit "rusty" but i still decided to fix them) under front seats. This issue no longer occurs:
Address 46 Central Conv.

But still i dont have my dome lights...any other ideas?

Please read the water thread, it is very long and detailed as if you do not the possible entry point the problem may come back and cause much more damage. Not trying to be dramatic , reading the water thread will give you the information you need.

Edited by Danny 57

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys today i started my dat with checking wires in the trunk and i unplugged every single light inside the car. But still i was getting this error:
Address 46 Central Conv.

And then i realized that there are two more lights that i can't unplugged -> Ones present in the mirrors -> yep, left one was the issue.

Evething is connected and sealed properly -> AND IT WORKS. FInally WORKS after allmost 3 weeks ;).

I hope that this battle that i won might help someone to resolve their lights problem ;).

IMG_20190320_172749.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hello did this sort the problem with your dome lights.as I have same problem. Checked both sides little water in passenger footwell

Have sealed pollenfilter housing

Also found an all doors that window regulator panels.at the bottom water leaks into car.as window runners drip on to panel and finds it way into car used tiger seal along bottom of panels has stopped water problems. Taught it was rubber seals around doors.