Activating both rear fog lights

Due to take delivery of new VRS next week and I need to get both rear fogs activated as car will be getting taken back to Germany after a week or so at home and was wondering if this can be done through the normal car settings or do I need to go down the route of VCDS?

Many thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok making progress I have taken delivery of car and I have checked and the led bulbs are present in the ns rear cluster. I have got an OBDeleven. I have looked through various threads with differing answers. Does anyone have or know where I could find a step by step guide to activate the second fog light using the OBD11?

Edited by flash222004

8 hours ago, flash222004 said:

Ok making progress I have taken delivery of car and I have checked and the led bulbs are present in the ns rear cluster. I have got an OBDeleven. I have looked through various threads with differing answers. Does anyone have or know where I could find a step by step guide to activate the second fog light using the OBD11?

Flash, not sure on the rules now within BFG but, the settings within the radio to tell the car you were travelling on the right-hand side were enough to satisfy the bfg test on my mates car with columbus where I had to get mine coded (amunsden).

The change would change angle of the head lights and switch fog light over. This was on 64 cars so may be different on the newer model.

I have now used obdeleven, following the sticky thread to activate both fogs. Took about 5mins. 

12 hours ago, flash222004 said:

This is what is needed for the LED light clusters:

Enabling both rear fog lights

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

You have a couple of options here - the original values are

(4)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion A 26 - Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt und Rechtsverkehr 

(4)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27 - Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt und Linksverkehr 

which translate roughly as rear fog lights when trailer not connected and right hand traffic and rear fog lights when trailer not connected and left hand traffic

So, for use on the continent you could just swap the values over and the left fog light would light up.

A third option is available - Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt - rear fog light when trailer not connected. I set both of mine to this value and they both come on, but if you set them both to Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt und Linksverkehr they both come on as well.

This has been tested on LED Hatch & Combi rear clusters, and standard Combi.

change (6)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert AB 26 from 0 to 100

change (6)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lasttyp 26 to "32 allgemeine LED bis 12W" and the near side fog will work.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, flash222004 said:

Cheers gents that’s all working now, I had tried it earlier but with no joy as I hadn’t seen the bit at the bottom changing the light type to LED bid 12W!

That's the thing that initially caught me out too LOL