Engine revving by itself

Hello all

Delighted with my 245 but after only 300 miles think the car may have a fault - have booked in at dealers for Saturday coming up.

Symptons: engine is revving by itself when both stationery and moving.  When parked up the revs can shoot up to 25 on the dial and hold it there or it ‘pulsates’ quickly between 10 and 15 repeatedly.  Sounds like I am revving the engine when not.  This is all without the accelerator being pressed.

Also when driving and working down the gears and slowing down with the foot off the accelerator the car continues to gather speed for a couple of seconds before if realises it shouldn’t be doing this.

Any thoughts?

Will feedback what the garage find in due course.

TIA

Edited by BA Baracus
Wee video uploaded

As MoggyTech said, its fly by wire.  If the potentiometer is at fault, and it was on an old radio, a tiny spot of vaseline smeared onto the track would eliminate any noise/intermittent connection.  I have done this with wirewound and ceramic forms with a carbon track.  I can't recommend you do this to your car version, but perhaps if there is an electronics expert on Briskoda, they could advise?

Stewart

• Like 1