1.5Tsi 4x4 DSG - All Quiet

Hi All

My better half is due to take delivery of a 1.5 SE L 4x4 DSG (build week 9) at the end of March.

Of course concerned with the issues many have had to date and aware of the continued activity on the Karoq forum with this engine, but there appears to be little negative comment on the Kodiaq forum currently.

Normally people will voice any issues quickly.......could it be there are a number of owners with no issues in this configuration??

Would appreciate anyone with this configuration sharing their thoughts to date.

The Kodiaq forum is pretty quiet. I'm not aware of any 1.5 TSI manual owners on here yet.

The issues are largely masked by the DSG box, so chances are you'll be fine...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Skoffski said:

Hopefully with the 155g /km C02 the engine management / software is as it should be and the cars fit for the road.

Let’s hope so....I will keep all advised.

What a difference a Turbo makes, and being a VW Group vehicle.

The lighter and smaller Suzuki Jimny 1.5 N/A 4 speed auto AllGrip has an official C02 g/km of 170.

The Manual gearbox 1.5 N/A 154.

(Suzuki Vitara 1.4 Boosterjet Automatic AllGrip has the official figure of 143 g/km C02.)

Edited by Skoffski

25 minutes ago, RuncibleSpoon said:

I've got the 1.5TSI DSG, not 4X4 though, and had no issues with the power so I think you'll be fine with the DSG box.

Hi @RuncibleSpoon, that is great to know, much appreciated.

Have you found the engine to be up to the task of shifting the bear? Mrs is not a  green light F1 impersonator thankfully!

Hi @kodiaqman yes, no problems, I mean you're never going to beat much away from the lights, but you're not like an asthmatic tortoise either.    I've moved from a 280BHP Mercedes C350e to this, and not missing the power, (well maybe a little :) ).  

I'm glad I went DSG though, as at the weekend I was travelling fully loaded with the extra seats, and that's the only time I've noticed the DSG box having to drop a few gears to keep doing motorway speeds on hills, would be a pain in the bum with a manual to keep having to stir the gearbox.

Hi @RuncibleSpoon,

that sounds perfect and great to hear.

Never had a DSG before. Mrs has a traditional torque converter automatic on her current XC90......

It will be a huge change to go from a very torquey diesel and auto box to a small capacity turbo petrol DSG.

On 11/03/2019 at 20:06, silver1011 said:

The Kodiaq forum is pretty quiet. I'm not aware of any 1.5 TSI manual owners on here yet.

The issues are largely masked by the DSG box, so chances are you'll be fine...

I'm due to take delivery of a manual 1.5TSI Edition any day now.

• Like 2

Let us know how you get on. Most of the Karoq owners claimed it only appeared after a few weeks / months of ownership.

It also seems to be worst when the ambient temperatures are low, so we may be through the worst of it now.