Tow bar.

Morning all. 
Does any one the average price for a supply and fit tow bar?

Had a quote for an eye watering grand from my local dealer!

All your local dealer will do is farm it out to a third party, after adding their hefty margins on top.

Cut out the middleman. There are plenty of towbar fitters around.

Try the PF Jones website. Here you can choose your preferred configuration and get a fully fitted price...

https://www.pfjones.co.uk/tow-bars/tow-bars-for-skoda/skoda-octavia-towbars.html

image.thumb.png.cd9c2ae1acb11422df45acbca331c4b5.png

image.png.247e957e802f0a93a6f09bb91e934fe3.png

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Coding where required!!!!!!!

Its ALWAYS required, the trailer assist software saves lives FULL STOP

Nuff said ?

Calm down, their fitted costs aren't specific to the Octavia :D

Not all cars benefit from trailer related software.

If you've got parking sensors you'll need the coding. Otherwise when you connect up any trailer/caravan/bike rack wiring it'll cause conflicts. 

Around £450/500 will get a Westfalia removeable towbar, fully fitted including coding etc.

Hi,

I was quoted £550 for supply and fit a swan neck from an independent supplier for the specific loom / connections etc or £280 for just connecting and not stopping the reverse sensors, I checked with the dealer and was told that this was ok and would not affect the warranty,  as I only really tow a small trailer every now and again I settled for this option.

In truth, I wanted a towbar fitted in case of a rear end knock, which is exactly what happened 5 days after picking the car up and and 2 days before the towbar was due to be fitted, previous car was a Kia Sorento with a towbar and had a similar situation, no damage to me but the other guy.............