Replacement Shocks

I replaced mine with Bilstein B4 and have found them excellent, they transformed my car but the original Sachs shocks were completely shot when they came off.  They are OEM replacements so the heights remains the same with the B4s.  They’re reasonably priced at Larkspeed.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ashley29172 said:

If I was too change the springs and shocks what would you suggest?

I would go for b12 kit - which are basically made up of eibach springs + b8 shocks (a shorter version of b6 ones)

• Like 1

It depends on what you want from the car and how much you want to spend.  We’re all guessing as to your intentions OP, do you want to keep it standard ride height, lower it, stiffen it up etc.  Mine gets chucked about the potholed city streets most of the time so I put on the Bilstein B3 and B4 combination which is a more compliant set up than the other suggestions.  It also keeps the ride height the same.  If you want to lower it and improve the handling then I’d concur with the Blistein B12 kit. 

Hello Thanks for that, I must admit it's not totally standard, Brakes have been up rated and it was remapped from new too 320bhp, I intend to take it too Germany and see what it will do and thought it might be a good idea too up rate the suspension for this, The most I have managed is 157mph and it's still pulling well

I got in touch with Bilstein direct to see what shocks matched up with the standard springs on my 2011 VRS TSI. They suggested their mono B8 shocks, so that is what I fitted. Along with poly bushes on the front wishbones, it made a great improvement at speed on uneven road surfaces. Before on standard shocks that were only 50k miles old, it had a tendency to wander, now it holds it's line perfectly, giving you greater confidence in it's handling.