2019 Macmillan Lake District Mighty Hike - Please sponsor us

Greetings,

My brother and I have taken part in the Shine Walk in London for a few years in aid of Cancer Research UK but this year we fancied a change and a slightly tougher challenge so in July we shall be heading north to participate in the Lake District Mighty Hike in order to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. The Lake District is a bit more hilly than the streets of central London so 26.2 miles of up and down should provide that extra challenge we're after.

Ultimately though, we want to raise as much money as we can for a great cause and we'd really appreciate the support from the Briskoda community. Please, if you can, take a minute to visit my just giving page and leave a donation, it'd be very much appreciated and would really help to spur us on.

Many thanks.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/haydnmarks2019

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Less than two months away now and very much looking forward to it.

Accomedation all booked and training going fine, plenty of walking to maintain the fitness level.

Just need a few more pennies in the sponsorship pot. Please donate at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/haydnmarks2019

Many thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So last weekend we did the walk and ultimately ended up doing pretty well.

2250 people started the walk and although not a race, you are timed around the route and our time of 9 hours, 18 minutes and 4 seconds placed my brother and I 157th and 158th overall. Not bad at all considering neither of us felt we had trained fully. We maintained a comfortable pace and we we're quite surprised that we were only overtaken by literally no ore than 10 people all day whilst we passed hundreds.

The terrain was very challenging in places, especially on the second section where a huge ascent and subsiquent descent saw a lot of people struggling.

It's still not too late to make a donation, anything you can spare for such a great charity would be very much appreciated.

www.justgiving.com/haydnmarks2019

412464291_ldmhphoto.jpg.92a2a95f8e507294390ef7f34cad2864.jpg377937322_ldmhtime1.thumb.jpg.de288345f2a9ab51c1789aa18cc914f9.jpg1853982080_ldmhtime2.thumb.jpg.e996085fe353463e7daa77021027a5e1.jpg