Delivery Delay True or BS?

RH123

So back in 2018 I ordered a Karoq. should have arrived Jan 15, then went to Feb then end of March, this was annoying in it self. But just been told Skoda have run out if wheels. The bad news is this will cause a long delay, the good news is they have other wheels in stock, as they are in stock it will only have a 3 month extra delay!

Very annoyed now,  Has anyone else heard of this, or could it be the dealer / lease company pulling a fast one.  Apparently the first delay was due to emmisions standards?

Tempted to pull out,  my colleague  got a Niro in 3 months and been offered a Quashqai  in a few weeks...

Cars needing wheels...who would have thought it.

Delivery delays in MY19 1.5TSI's could very well be for a certain little issue that VW Group eventually accepted.

As to wheels / tyres, time will tell how the WLTP Certification went last year and the results.

Funnily JLR have issues with 'emissions' and some vehicles will not just need a 'engine management fix' but a change of tyres.

Or is that wheels and tyres (sizes.)

I ordered my SEL in petrol blue with a few extras in December through my company car scheme and was delivered 8th March. 

A colleague ordered an SE Technology in black in December and a few days ago got an email about the wheel. 

They have said that they are changing them to a different one. He's been given a date of mid May.