Dash cam 2017 yeti

Leef70

• 2 weeks later...

Did you find it straightforward fitting  the dash cam to the Yeti? 

I fitted one to my Citigo which was fine and now I have upgraded to the Yeti I need to do the same. 

It looks very similar as the fuse board appears to be in the same place. 

Now I know, I too will go for fuse number 6 

Thanks

Only problem you might encounter is that the fuse box cover might not fit flush because the piggy back fuse stands proud of the connector and so holds the cover off a bit. Not a big problem and hardly noticeable in fact.

Thanks for all of your advise and yes you were all right it was very straight forward. 

The fuse cover is on the drivers side of the Yeti whereas it was on the opposite side in the Citigo. 

I did try about 5 different fuses only to find they all powered the dash cam without having to have the ignition on. 

I'm sure this will be fine though unless any of you suggest otherwise. 

It took around 30 mins in total so very pleased. 

Thanks again. 

John

26 minutes ago, Jvt said:

I did try about 5 different fuses only to find they all powered the dash cam without having to have the ignition on. 

Did you try fuse 6, it's ignition controlled.

26 minutes ago, Urrell said:

Did you try fuse 6, it's ignition controlled.

Urrell is right you do need to wire it to an ignition controlled fuse otherwise there will be a continuous drain on the battery and camera will keep on recording 24/7!

You need to wire it to the rear wiper fuse - 6. A quick search on Briskoda and the "other" Yeti forum will provide exact instructions and fuse box drawings to make it easy.

34 minutes ago, Jvt said:

Great,  all sorted and tested and working fine. I can relax now.

Give me a lump of wood and I can work wonders with it.  Lol

Proper job - as my Cornish father would have said! Means a job well done.

19 hours ago, vale said:

Did you remove the a frame cover and tape the cable out of the way of the airbag

16 hours ago, Jvt said:

Hi Vale, no need to remove it I just tucked it under the edge of the cover, just enough to hold it in place. 

Two or three strips of upholstery foam about 2" x 0.5" x 0.5" (in old money) squish in on top of the cable between the screen and pillar cover, holding the cable gently in place. 

4 hours ago, Brijo said:

Two or three strips of upholstery foam about 2" x 0.5" x 0.5" (in old money) squish in on top of the cable between the screen and pillar cover, holding the cable gently in place. 

It’s so easy to remove the frame cover and tape the cable safely away I can’t understand why you messed around with bits of foam. Also couldn’t the bits of foam jam/alter the high speed opening of the frame cover if the airbags is activated in an accident?

2 hours ago, Expatman said:

It’s so easy to remove the frame cover and tape the cable safely away I can’t understand why you messed around with bits of foam. Also couldn’t the bits of foam jam/alter the high speed opening of the frame cover if the airbags is activated in an accident?

2 hours ago, Expatman said:

Also the dash cam could be pulled off and go anywhere as the a frame cover flirted off in an accident it is easy to do I have done 2 and remove 1

37 minutes ago, valep said:

Also the dash cam could be pulled off and go anywhere as the a frame cover flirted off in an accident it is easy to do I have done 2 and remove 1

Precisely, best to keep dash cam cable well secured and independent of frame cover. It is really easy to do so no reason not to.

Note I said "... holding the cable gently in place ..." - it's a snug fit already.  And behind the cover, should that be blown off.  Be assured, there was no '...messing about...' , which is what I would have considered it if I had started fiddling with the trim with an airbag behind it.  I'm glad you're both happy doing it your way; I'm confident about mine, but genuine thanks for your concern.