Mk2 Fabia 1.9 tdi pd105 EGR Delete, Turbo lag?

I'm really quite confused, I have completely deleted the EGR valve and cooler and got it mapped out, It does pull better and the stuttering has gone BUT the turbo does not really kick in until 2k, it never used to be like this before, Also I have changed most of the vac lines, checked for intercooler pipe leaks (none) and run it on shell v power all the time and run it hard when it's warm to 4k to hopefully keep the engine and turbo free from carbon but I still have this problem and it's driving me mad as it makes the car horrible to drive at lower speeds :(

6 hours ago, AMD87 said:

Not turbo lag but turbo threshold that is 

It used to be better before the delete tho but even then it was a bit slow, apparently the older PD or pre PD engines had a great response from 1500rpm and really that's where it should be on my car with a stock turbo :/ btw i love your car, big fan! 

I don't think this fault is connected to the EGR removal unless they have done something in the software when they 'mapped out' the EGR. 

Have you checked the VNT linkage moves freely and all the vacuum lines are intact? Have you tested the actuator can hold vacuum?

You could do with VCDS and log what the actual boost is vs requested, this will tell you if the car is boosting as requested

Edited by SuperbTWM

21 hours ago, SuperbTWM said:

I don't think this fault is connected to the EGR removal unless they have done something in the software when they 'mapped out' the EGR. 

Have you checked the VNT linkage moves freely and all the vacuum lines are intact? Have you tested the actuator can hold vacuum?

You could do with VCDS and log what the actual boost is vs requested, this will tell you if the car is boosting as requested

That's on my next to do list check the VNT, and yeah like I said I changed most of the vac lines for silicone ones and they where all fine and I want to get a vcds but just don't have the funds and I don't know anyone who has one.