Deal for Octavia VRS 245 on 2 year lease

https://centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk/lease-skoda-octavia-hatchback-2-0-tsi-245-vrs-5dr_SKOC20V255HPTM~~4.htm/

Hi all,

Just seen the above on Central UK Vehicle Leasing - I am in no way affiliated with them, I just like surfing leasing sites and I happen to have ordered through them in the past!

Looks like a really competitive deal and I wish it'd been available earlier as I would have been all over it! As it is, I have an Audi A5 SB due to be collected next week (also through this lease broker).

Thought I'd post it up here in case any of you are on the cusp of getting a VRS and were interested in leasing. Looks like they are in stock too, so no WLTP complications (like there have been on the Golf GTI 245)

12 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Based on 12,000 miles per year would cost me £366 per month (including admin fee and VAT).:notme:

Strange, £2,150 1st payment + 35 monthly payments works out to £300 for 3 year deal at 12k p.a.

Maybe their site just hates shy people!!!

Must admit, I only looked at the 2 year deal as that was the headline one.

£2.400 down (inc VAT) and around £192 per month based on 8k miles. Adding in the admin fee and the deposit still keeps the cost to <£7k over 2 years, which is not a bad deal for the VRS. I'm paying just under £8k over 2 years for an A5 with the lower powered version of that engine (190bhp) and the cheapest deal I've seen for an Octavia (the 1.0tsi deal last year) worked out to £4k over 2 years. All based on 8k miles pa.

I do sometimes find that paying the excess mileage is cheaper than upgrading the mileage in the deal. That was certainly the case with the Golf GTI I was after which was only 6ppm excess so was cheaper to stick with the published 5k pa deal and pay an extra £360 at the end, than go with an 8k pa deal.

Interestingly, on a like for like, the Golf was just over £8k over 2 years and that was a very good deal. Getting the same engine and running gear in a bigger car for over £1k less over 2 years seems like a pretty decent deal...

That's an interesting deal for sure. 

My PCH is coming to an end in September and the dealer is offering me a 245 Challenge DSR with a bunch of extras I've asked for @ £1,100 up front an £375 pcm for 35 months.  10,000 miles per year.

There was a deal posted on HotUKDeals the other day for a 245 estate with 15k p/a for £300 a month all in. Didn't seem terrible for the mileage and seems fairly similar cost wise to this deal with significantly less mileage allowance. Was a 3 year deal though and not sure if cheaper if less than 15k p/a taken.

Why is it that Skoda have dropped the 19" wheels, anthracite electric seats, auto dimming mirrors etc on the 245?

The website has the VRS with the 245 engine, but all the goodies are now on the 'challenge' model. 

In nearly every road test, the Skoda Octavia VRS 245 (even very recent ones) have the extras fitted. Not according to the website though. Seems like Skoda are cashing in.