Funny noises

I've noticed funny noises, like some hydraulics are working for a second or two, then pause, and again, when wheels are turned fully left or right, driving slowly, not breaking. I can't hear them with windows closed. It's nothing like rumble or similar.. any ideas? It's like that from the beggining and my colleague has same car and same noises, so it is not really an issue, I'm just wondering... no DCC btw

Tnx

Edited by MileMile

Auto-Stop pressurizing the brake system ready for action? There's lots of noises like this in a Superb.

Like when you open the doors, I assume its the fuel system pressurizing?

Could be power-steering?  I don't know what type of power-steering is on the Superb, but my old Insignia, when on full lock, used to whine.  Air conditioning clicking on and off?  

Could be any number of things - the TDI is a complex engine  Superb is a complex car.