Rotor screw loose

I was changing my wheel, after a puncture and noticed the 'rotor screw' (I think its called after much googling) was quite loose. I got out my torx set and gave it a fair tighten. Anyone else had this issue on Mk3 fabia 110PS? Is this likely to have caused any issues?

(please see attached photo for clarification)

IMG_4062.jpeg

That being loose will not cause any issues, it is only there so that when you remove a wheel, the disc can not rotate and cause you trouble trying to refit the wheel's bolts and finding the holes covered.  My old 2000 VW Passat 4Motion did not have screws on its front discs, VW got round that by providing a hollow plastic threaded dowel that you fitted after removing the first wheel bolt and removed after replacing the first 4 wheel bolts.

Use a bit of thread lock to stop it coming loose and also prevents it seizing when you come to remove it. 

Edited by CWARD

20 hours ago, rum4mo said:

That being loose will not cause any issues, it is only there so that when you remove a wheel, the disc can not rotate and cause you trouble trying to refit the wheel's bolts and finding the holes covered.  My old 2000 VW Passat 4Motion did not have screws on its front discs, VW got round that by providing a hollow plastic threaded dowel that you fitted after removing the first wheel bolt and removed after replacing the first 4 wheel bolts.

Just for the record you can still buy steel versions of the wheel locating dowel. They are extremely useful for locating a wheel  because  VW/Skoda etc. uses wheel bolts rather than studs fitted to other makes. They are particularly good when fitting much heavier wheels on Octavias, Golfs, Passats etc. but still good for the smaller wheels on Fabias. I bought mine from Demon Tweeks.

Maybe I should look up and offer the part numbers of the 2 types I have as they were cheap, the plastic one came with my Audi S4 - so it is in its tool kit, and I had already bought one for my wife's previous 2002 9N Polo, so her 2015 6C Polo has it in its tool kit now. The alloy one was for a big VW 4X4 and maybe even some big Audi 4X4, I keep it in the garage for when I'm working on any of the cars I seem to look after - in fact today I used that alloy one when taking the wheels of the Ibiza while I am working on it.

So, yes, very handy to have.

Edit:-  7L0 012 223 is the longer alloy version supplied with Toureg.

Another Edit:-  893 012 223 is the standard plastic hollow dowel supplied by VW Group with some cars.

Edited by rum4mo

That's interesting, I didn't know you could still get these dowels from VW. I also had one in an old Passat many years ago but I tried to buy one about 5 years ago and the dealer didn't know what I was talking about.