Fabia Octavia Swap?

Pudds

been driving my fabia vrs for about 4 months, and the timing belt has just snapped. sent it to the garage, and they've told me the engine is beyond repair. instead of looking for a new pd130, i was wondering if anyone had ever managed to fit an octavia vrs engine, into the fabia? i want to see if it's possible, or if it's been done, before i spend my money buying and fitting another pd130...

You’re talking about fitting a petrol engine into a car that’s setup for diesel. I reckon it would be cheaper and easier to fix the Fabia engine. 

I had a cambelt snap last year bending some valves, which would have cost be about £1k to fix. The time to change things in the Fabia to take a petrol setup would be quite extensive. 

On 15/04/2019 at 07:46, jars said:

You’re talking about fitting a petrol engine into a car that’s setup for diesel. I reckon it would be cheaper and easier to fix the Fabia engine. 

I had a cambelt snap last year bending some valves, which would have cost be about £1k to fix. The time to change things in the Fabia to take a petrol setup would be quite extensive. 

do they not do a diesel octavia? could have sworn they do

I reckon you’d still have to do a full transplant. Iirc the mk2 Octy vRS is a 2.0 CR pretty sure you’d have to swap everything from the fuel pump to the battery.

I suppose if you could find one that’s been written off and cheap on co part but still runs and you were going to do it yourself you could have a go as you’d have all the parts.